Going to seed.
I took a day off.

bubbles1

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by bubbles1 »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:47 pm
Anti gravity spider s**t :good:

I know what you mean though, inside is not a problem but outside the white UPVC window frames need cleaning every fortnight at least or they look like the place has been abandoned for centuries, this year there were millions of bête d'orages and the spiders must have gorged on them because their excretions expanded exponentially :lol:
See after we lost our darling dog this year the bloody spiders have invaded. We think Bobby used to hunt and eat them. Apparently they, like frogs shit upside down !!!!! dont know if the frog bit is true but it sure is with spiders. :good: :good:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

8EAFB14B-43A8-42F2-A8EC-88956E7B1898.jpeg
8EAFB14B-43A8-42F2-A8EC-88956E7B1898.jpeg (55.79 KiB) Viewed 499 times
I was thinking about that when I saw this one the other day. I knew it was there because of the pile of poo underneath it then thought, how does that work, he’s upside down.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

You lucky man!

I had one, once only, it was poorly and had fell to the floor of my cellar or I probably would not have known he was there, I nursed him/her, fed it milk with a pipette (probably what finally saw it off) made a hanging wire for it, got it to clasp and hold on to it but it died a few days later, I still see its dessicated body as I descend to the cellar and would love to have another or several of them.

I used to love watching them wheel around at twilight.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Not the best of days.

It was confirmed that my hysband has squamous cell carcinoma on his scalp.

He is to have an operation and plastic surgery at the John Radcliffe hospital at Oxford in 2-3 weeks, with a pre-op visit there too, when it will be checked that his heart is OK for the op. If not, he will have radiotherapy instead.

We’re both very relieved that it will be done soon, but not the best of days.

Lemorvan

Post by Lemorvan »

Good luck Gardengirl and Gardenboy

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Oh gosh everything crossed - keep us updated and give him big Bubbles hugs XX
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

DominicBest wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:43 pm
8EAFB14B-43A8-42F2-A8EC-88956E7B1898.jpeg

I was thinking about that when I saw this one the other day. I knew it was there because of the pile of poo underneath it then thought, how does that work, he’s upside down.
someone once told me that frogs can poo upside down and spiders poo downside up - hence spider poo on ceilings - now Im not saying it is a fact

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Gardengirl wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:30 pm
Not the best of days.

It was confirmed that my hysband has squamous cell carcinoma on his scalp.

He is to have an operation and plastic surgery at the John Radcliffe hospital at Oxford in 2-3 weeks, with a pre-op visit there too, when it will be checked that his heart is OK for the op. If not, he will have radiotherapy instead.

We’re both very relieved that it will be done soon, but not the best of days.
One of those, "the sooner it is dealt with and over, the better" situations, sorry to hear that Gardengirl. Hope the pre op visit goes well and that you are both getting any support you need. In the past, I have had friends and family mention the Macmillan organisation as having been a help or useful to have known about. https://www.macmillan.org.uk

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Thank you for your thoughts, Lemorvan, bubbles and After the Storm.

ATS, Macmillan really is a superb help to those with cancer and their families. I’ve had excellent support from Macmillan personally in the past and their nurses were amazing at giving relief to my dear SIL and to my brother.