What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Gardengirl

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Gardengirl »

Not on the walk I’d planned to join. I discovered that I’d hauled my old walking boots with a split in the sole all the way here on Sunday. I was certain that they had been thrown out - the have been now. I really wanted to do that particular walk, but it’s my own fault.

I visited the gendarmerie this morning as my travel insurance company say I have to have a statement from them saying that I have lost my specs. They were top of the range varifocals, having tried various levels from Specsavers and the other similar place, I went back to my independant optician for my latest pair - but had the lenses fitted into old frames, which kept the cost down a bit. And now I’ve lost them.

Joeblck

Post by Joeblck »

Sitting in the shade reading a good "Stephen King" book,smoking a roll up with a pepsi cola :good:
London Irish.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

joeblck wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:52 pm
Sitting in the shade reading a good "Stephen King" book,smoking a roll up with a pepsi cola :good:
Oh which one - I love SK
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Joeblck

Post by Joeblck »

bubbles1 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:56 pm
joeblck wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:52 pm
Oh which one - I love SK
Under the Dome,very good.
London Irish.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

I havent read that one - Duma Key is brilliant also
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Lemorvan

Post by Lemorvan »

Making Christmas puddings today, eight 1.5 lb bowls of deliciousness. Just the one for me, which I save till next Christmas when it is nicely matured. The rest are for French friends who flame it with Marc de Bourgogne and serve it with creme anglaise.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Drove a couple of hours to meet some Dutch customers but they were a no show so we spent the afternoon cutting bramble so not a wasted trip. Stopped of at Mcdoos and the worlds oldest woman with a tooth shortage served us. She even managed to understand me.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

mysty

Post by mysty »

Mixing concrete and knocked a hole in the front of our house. Just as well its mild will not be sealed up again till Monday.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Franksgranny

Post by Franksgranny »

I have been battling on with my embroidery. I bought two linen pillowcases, one complete, one not for 99p, it has been a bit of a struggle as I've never done any before, I looked on Internet and tried to copy the stitches already completed it was ok but not quite the same, anyway now my very kind cousin has bought me a book for the left handed embroidery so I am giving it another try, although I must say it is making my bones really ache, I must be really tense when I'm working.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

I walked up to the market twice this morning, had lunch at our favourite café-restaurant where we were treated to dessert and coffee by the owner to welcome us back to France after 3 months away.

I spent the afternoon on the balcony until everything reopened this afternoon, when went to a friend’s exhibition of her 30 years of sculptures. It was fascinating to see so many different types of sculpture and not everything was as it first seemed.

Some of her later works were busts of characters from books she and her husband researched and wrote together; he questioned what they could do next, as he very much missed the characters that they had developed over several years, so she sculpted those characters for him.

I especially loved some of her works that were really lovely to touch and stroke, but unfortunately I couldn’t afford any of them.