What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
mysty

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by mysty »

Taking ATS out for the day going to spoil her and let her spend 10 euros at Action on herself.
The rest of the day relaxing before we are off to work this weekend.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

We’ve been at the local hospital for biopsies on my husband’s scalp. It took them 30 minutes to get the big area they cut out to stop bleeding; I’ve been instructed to press hard for at least 20 minutes if it starts bleeding in the coming days. We’re flying back to France this weekend, so I hope it doesn’t start when we’re on the plane, train or either of the taxis we’ll be using.

I’m off to start packing now.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Ouch, commiserations to Mr Gardengirl. Hope you have a good journey over.

I’m meant to doing stuff this weekend helping OH but not sure what I can do with a sprained ankle...supervise I guess :)

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Gardengirl wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:50 pm
We’ve been at the local hospital for biopsies on my husband’s scalp. It took them 30 minutes to get the big area they cut out to stop bleeding; I’ve been instructed to press hard for at least 20 minutes if it starts bleeding in the coming days. We’re flying back to France this weekend, so I hope it doesn’t start when we’re on the plane, train or either of the taxis we’ll be using.

I’m off to start packing now.
They may not let him fly - I'd check X
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

After the Storm wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:39 pm
Ouch, commiserations to Mr Gardengirl. Hope you have a good journey over.

I’m meant to doing stuff this weekend helping OH but not sure what I can do with a sprained ankle...supervise I guess :)
Ouch to you as well - sometimes a little thing is worse than a big thing - let him do all the work for a while :lol:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

jsks

Post by jsks »

Scalps always bleed impressively and effusively but are difficult to staunch because larger defects (and often smaller ones too) can't be sutured. However, after the initial deluge they tend to dry up and stay like that.

Just make sure you have a suitable pressure pad available, avoid NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen etc) and try not to worry too much.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

mysty wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:10 am
Taking ATS out for the day going to spoil her and let her spend 10 euros at Action on herself.
Goh she must have been beside herself with excitement NOT - get him ATS :lol: :lol:

mysty

Post by mysty »

bubbles1 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:29 pm
mysty wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:10 am
Goh she must have been beside herself with excitement NOT - get him ATS :lol: :lol:
she did not get the 10 euros we ran out of time :lol: that's true by the way 8-)
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Mike

Post by Mike »

jsks wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:06 pm
Scalps always bleed impressively and effusively but are difficult to staunch because larger defects (and often smaller ones too) can't be sutured. However, after the initial deluge they tend to dry up and stay like that.

Just make sure you have a suitable pressure pad available, avoid NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen etc) and try not to worry too much.
Having been follicle challenged for over 50 years I can vouch for the fact of a scalp bleed drying up quickly, you chaps with hair don't know what its like not to have an early warning system, I tend to wear a hat a lot. :lol:

Mike

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Thinking going to brico depot on a Saturday is not a good idea when you can't even find a parking space easily. Plenty DIY enthusiasts about today.