What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
bubbles1

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by bubbles1 »

Did 140 mile round trip this afternoon to help out a friend - hey thats what we do for our TRUE friends. Relaxing with a glass of wine and off to bed.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

mysty

Post by mysty »

We are off to buy a little village house this morning then show it at 3 oclock.
This one is a bit like a lucky bag we have never seen inside but it's cheap and looks okay from the outside.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

mysty

Post by mysty »

Lemorvan wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:15 am
Preparing to close the house up ready for departure in the morning. It has been a summer of mixed emotions, arrived mid May then went home towards end of July to nurse my Dad through the last stages of lung, liver and skin cancer in the house where I was born and brought up. He died only a week after I got back, the doctors said he had three months. I decided to come back to France after the funeral, all my friends here are French and they were incredibly supportive. I normally feel quite sad going back to the UK for a while but this time I want to get back. I share the year between the UK, five months in France and two six week stays in Cyprus (April/May & October/November). I just feel lucky to be alive and want to enjoy everyday.
Not a good year for you. Where do you go in Cyprus. North or south.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Lemorvan

Post by Lemorvan »

Thanks Mysty, I stay in the south, though visit a few friends in the north for a few days.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Got back to the UK Sunday to be greeted with a leak from the valley gutter, so back on a roof to splice in another piece of lead, Oh what fun.

Mike

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Mike wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:22 pm
Got back to the UK Sunday to be greeted with a leak from the valley gutter, so back on a roof to splice in another piece of lead, Oh what fun.

Mike
Definitely not much fun for you, good luck.
Lemorvan wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:15 am
Preparing to close the house up ready for departure in the morning. It has been a summer of mixed emotions, arrived mid May then went home towards end of July to nurse my Dad through the last stages of lung, liver and skin cancer in the house where I was born and brought up. He died only a week after I got back, the doctors said he had three months. I decided to come back to France after the funeral, all my friends here are French and they were incredibly supportive. I normally feel quite sad going back to the UK for a while but this time I want to get back. I share the year between the UK, five months in France and two six week stays in Cyprus (April/May & October/November). I just feel lucky to be alive and want to enjoy everyday.
Lemorvan, sending you all best wishes, you’ve had a tough time. I’m in tune with your thoughts - feeling lucky to be alive and want to enjoy every day.

My husband has finally got an NHS date for his ‘urgent’ biopsy - tomorrow morning, 6 days after the government deadline - they lost the bright green form!

So we’ve decided that we can return to France, rather later than normal. The direct train from St Pancras to Avignon isn’t running this autumn/winter, I can’t persuade my husband to have an early start, so Easyjet, Ryanair and Flybe are out. That means it’s hit the credit card time and take BA to Marseille.

Lemorvan

Post by Lemorvan »

Thanks for your kind thoughts Gardengirl

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Almost feel like thanking you two for the reminder to make the most of and appreciate life. Those weren't my first thoughts about life yesterday evening when I ended up on my back looking at the sky after falling over yet again (damaged ankle and uneven ground gets me every time these days).

And Gardengirl, I reckon your husband has got it right about the early flights, much nicer having a slower start to the day :) I keep saying never again when I am getting up 4.30am to go to an airport :)

And hope you have smooth journeys on the rest of your trips this year Lemorvan.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

After the Storm wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:42 pm
Almost feel like thanking you two for the reminder to make the most of and appreciate life. Those weren't my first thoughts about life yesterday evening when I ended up on my back looking at the sky after falling over yet again (damaged ankle and uneven ground gets me every time these days).

And Gardengirl, I reckon your husband has got it right about the early flights, much nicer having a slower start to the day :) I keep saying never again when I am getting up 4.30am to go to an airport :)

And hope you have smooth journeys on the rest of your trips this year Lemorvan.
ATS, commiserations on your fall, hope it will soon improve. I fell almost a year ago, tore a tendon in my hip, it’s so much better but holding me back still, but I have a colourful walking stick (my goodness it makes me feel ancient!) which matched the colour scheme at our son’s wedding last weekend, blue and gold.

My 85 year old brother refuses to use a stick, but ought to use one, he needs a knee replacement op, calls me his older sister since I had my stick - anything that amuses him is fine by me.

You’re right about early starts of course, I’d hate it if I did have to get up so early!

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

As every day, I have more choices to stuff to do than I have the inclination to get on with. So randomly chose to tackle the headlamp issue on the OH's car. C.T. is due in a few months and with the new stricter test I figured they'd get a bit arsey about the yellow nearly opaque lenses on the old Pug. I ordered a T-cut headlamp kit from UK and used that as a basis for the job adding a few extra stages of my own device. Absolutely amazed to see the difference it made. I did just the one to compare the two and I recon the old one looks like someone poured coffee over it and the one I renovated looks like new. Pat myself on the back when the job is done for saving about £60 over having them professionally done or several hundred over buying and fitting new ones. The actual improved efficiency is neither here nor there as we don't go out much at night anyway.
Life. Terms and conditions apply.