What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Tom

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Tom »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Torque-Pro-Elm ... s=elm+obd2

:D This is the gizmo I use along with the free Torque app on my smartphone. Really does work!
“The cow is of the bovine ilk;
One end is moo, the other milk."
—Ogden Nash

Ally

Post by Ally »

Tom wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:14 pm
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Torque-Pro-Elm ... s=elm+obd2

:D This is the gizmo I use along with the free Torque app on my smartphone. Really does work!
Sounds good.
Idiot proof?

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

See - all you peeps with your posh cars that do this and that - get an old classic - Baby just goes when I put petrol in her. :D
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Tom

Post by Tom »

Idiot proof
:lol: Must be because it works for me.
—Ogden Nash

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I will let you know tomorrow :lol:

Thankyou so much for a very timely posting Tom.

I came to the UK today, picked up my new slightly younger banger and started the repairs this afternoon, one job to do is find which seatbelt pretensioner or airbag has a bad contact fix it and erase the fault code to remove the warning light, been waiting weeks for the €30 Chinese reader to arrive and came over empty handed, I had heard about these bluetooth ones and they sound like a great idea.

Just ordered one for nex day delivery.

I love it when a plan comes together!

Tom

Post by Tom »

Baby just goes when I put petrol in her. :D
:D Bubbles, you're speaking from a privileged position because you own probably one of the best beemers ever built.
—Ogden Nash

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

What has LD been doing today?

Drove to Calais, Eurotunnel to folkstone, drive to Gatwick, go with neighbour to pick up Ebay purchase car near Horsham, all seems as it should and I dont do much checking, a deal is a deal even sight unseen.

Driving back realise that it is not the 140hp 2l tdi 6 speed as advertised, only having 5 gears should have been a major sign :( doesnt go well enough, I estimate its a 105hp 1.9 tdi and looking at the V5 confirms it, then I look carefully at the "technicians" note at the bottom of the service bill and see that its not just a broken engine mounting as advertised but "mounting broken; Casing on engine fractured. Will require new bottom end", was I pig sick or what :(

I cant get angry at the seller but I am furious at myself as I scanned through both documents and it was all there for me to see :oops:

I dont mind it being 5 speed and less power, it will be the same insurance group as my current vehicle and ever the optimist I wondered whether this would end up in yet another rose smelling Le Démerdeur experience :roll:

True to my name it has, an hour to remove the intercooler piping, alternator, auxiliary belt tensioner, power steering pump and I could remove the broken cast alloy bracket which is all that needs replacing, second hand one on its way from an E-bay breaker, be with me wednesday for £25 :good: :good:

The vehicle cost me half or even less what it would without the broken mounting, its low mileage 2 owners FSH and I'm sure the seller was laughing all the way to the bank as well as he would have been quoted thousands for a new short engine, I reckon the mechanic wanted it for himself.

I had been looking in France for a RHD one, nothing to be found the length and breadth of France, only much newer vehicles from dealers from €20-30K, in the UK limiting the search to 100 miles around Gatwick E_bay, Gumtree and Auto-trader brought up 30-40 cars each with only a few across all the sites, I checked the Argus and LaCentrale price in France and it came up as €5000, it cost me £750 = €825 in the UK albeit with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

2 very good reasons why I ended up buying another RHD car in the UK, price and availability.

I am going to take my old one to the scrapyard but if I had the time then the £100 or so to get the old vehicle back to France would mean I could sell it and get back most of the cost of the new(er) one. As my French pal said, anything with a CT in France is worth a minimum of €1000 quickly followed by except your RHD bagnole :lol:

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Just found the EU confomité certificat in the handbook, - happy days :good: :good:

mysty

Post by mysty »

Ha but is it in French :innocent:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

jsks

Post by jsks »

Waiting for a furniture delivery. ''Be with you between 9.30 and 10.'' Still waiting.