What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
mysty

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by mysty »

Cut up some fire wood and mixed some concrete. Schools must be due to go back no screeming kids at the lake :lol:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Doug

Post by Doug »

Mowed the park once again all half an hectare of it, very unusual for August,

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

We’ve been really appreciating the huge improvement in my husband’s sight following his cataract op yesterday, he having this morning removed the shield that was placed over his eye to protect it until this morning.

We find it miraculous that he can see in such great detail. He even spotted a nuthatch in the birdbath in our garden this morning; normally he would be wearing hs specs and using the binoculars that live on the windowsill to be sure what bird it was. Not today, he could see that it was a nuthatch with the naked eye. Just amazing!

mysty

Post by mysty »

Not that anyone cares but we are still in bed :lol: the sun is out and it looks like its going to be a nice day.
Do not need to be anywhere until tomorrow.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Gardengirl wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:29 pm
We’ve been really appreciating the huge improvement in my husband’s sight following his cataract op yesterday, he having this morning removed the shield that was placed over his eye to protect it until this morning.

We find it miraculous that he can see in such great detail. He even spotted a nuthatch in the birdbath in our garden this morning; normally he would be wearing hs specs and using the binoculars that live on the windowsill to be sure what bird it was. Not today, he could see that it was a nuthatch with the naked eye. Just amazing!
Sounds like he should have had his eyes done years ago.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

mysty wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:18 am
Gardengirl wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:29 pm

Sounds like he should have had his eyes done years ago.
Yes, he should. However, we’re in the UK and NHS rules insist that cataracts have to be at a really bad stage and his wasn’t until fairly recently. I tried for about 3 years to persuade him to have it done privately with no success.

mysty

Post by mysty »

My previous post was not meant to have souded like a criticism of you for not having it done before. :lol:
Not sure what the time delay is in France for having your eyes done.
What was the cost of having it done privately.

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

Having a lazy day as I spent yesterday preparing and cooking a meal for French friends. It went well but we were so tired that as usual when we’re hosting we didn’t want to eat much!

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

mysty wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:11 am
My previous post was not meant to have souded like a criticism of you for not having it done before. :lol:
Mysty, I didn’t take it as criticism.

The cost for 1 eye can be from about £2,000 to £4,000. A large dent in our savings, but I would have been happy to pay it as he’d had problems for several years. NHS rules kept changing unfortunately.

We’ve been for a walk round to our little food M&S to collect an order and will be off to the tip with garden waste shortly. We have quite a big garden and 3 compost heaps but have a large amount of tree branches as we’ve been chopping back shrubs and trees, plus zillions of apples which have blown down during windy conditions the last few days.

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

mysty wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:11 am
Fella I knew had his cataract op two weeks after diagnosis. he'd had his other eye (he had two) done in the UK & it took 3 years.