What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Mike

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Mike »

Cut 90mm off the bottom of another shutter today, time to sharpen the mortiser and band saw blades, why do we leave these things so long that they become a major job when a little bit of maintenance a couple of years earlier would have made the whole thing easier, my excuse is I had more urgent priorities, but still no excuse in reality.

Mike

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Off to a tour, wine tasting and lunch at a vinyard about an hour away- should be fun. Going with Two of my favourite people and meeting other friends there.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

mysty

Post by mysty »

We are down in the Limousin for a few days tinkering around at our soon to be new house. Its pouring down here a lot wetter than the sunny cher dep18. Nearest neighbours caught us and we are invited to lunch tomorrow. Hope its pasta and not some traditional French cuisine. 8-)
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance »

Not very far down though, the sun’s cracking the flags here!

Mike

Post by Mike »

Shutters No 11 and 12 finished will be put back up tomorrow, just have to take down No 9 to plane a bit off one side where I replaced one of the staves and its too wide to open correctly against the stone surround, Ah well such is life, now that its all finished I suppose I ought to cut the grass, or should I just get in the pool, mind you even that needs topping up, we have our favourite guest coming to see us next week and staying until we go back to the Uk, it will be a pleasure to see her.

Mike

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

How have you persuaded your grass to grow enough to need cutting?

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

This morning was a root treatment session, having broken a tooth fairly recently. Then off to a BH craft fair near Henley. I go each year but it’s gone more posh this year, expensive cushions etc, but still plenty of interesting crafts.

Banging noises in the background all evening, continued thumping despite double glazing while trying to get to sleep - it’s the BH Reading rock festival weekend and we’re quite a few miles from the site by the Thames. So I’m now wide awake despite being very tired.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Had a wonderful afternoon at a get together lunch of all those that live in the closest village (to where we will be moving to), it lasted just under five hours, the aperitifs took care of the first couple of hours and then there was all the home cooked food as everyone took something along and then after the food and wine, some traditional music played which was superb. It was one of those experiences that you will never forget with it being so special due to the warmth and kindness from all that were there.

mysty

Post by mysty »

She forgot to mention the dancing it was not optional :lol: eau d vie probably spelt wrong but was told if you did not drink it you would never be French. 8-)
I gave that a miss. :lol:
Their home made sangria was really good. I did have to raid the kiddies table they gave them all my nice quiche Lorraine. ;)
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

mysty wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:25 pm
She forgot to mention the dancing it was not optional :lol: eau d vie probably spelt wrong but was told if you did not drink it you would never be French. 8-)
I gave that a miss. :lol:
Their home made sangria was really good. I did have to raid the kiddies table they gave them all my nice quiche Lorraine. ;)
Oh - oui mais tu fait lu canard avec l'eau de vie !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it