What are you doing today?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
mysty

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by mysty »

SW31girl wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:12 pm
Was very concerned about our hen Cilla. Went to the vet with her, didn’t bring her back. Cancer. We’re not in a good place at the moment.
It takes a long time to get over the loss of a pet. Lots of tears and sadness.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

mysty

Post by mysty »

Gardengirl wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:52 am
Sorry to read that, SW31girl.

Still in the UK, I’m off to the dentist shortly, a 2 hour visit for a crown on a tooth I broke a few weeks ago. My dentist tried to build it up, but it broke. My credit card is going to take a hammering. Not looking forward to this! 😒
You can get a silver coloured one over here for buttons. 8-)

Andy72

Post by Andy72 »

Lifted 20 corner stones for the new doorway onto the verandah using an engine hoist attached to an old metal hook that was embedded in the wall 3 metres up. The hook came away in my fingers immediately after the last stone went up. Sometimes not believing in god is tricky.
Don’t walk away in silence.

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance »

Saw a t-shirt in a shop but it was a bit pricey at 59€, so went to a supermarket and bought one for 4€’ came home and painted it myself. Quite pleased with the result !

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

SW31girl wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:12 pm
Was very concerned about our hen Cilla. Went to the vet with her, didn’t bring her back. Cancer. We’re not in a good place at the moment.
Sooo sorry XXXXXX
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

mysty

Post by mysty »

Back home for a few days rest.

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

We’re keeping a close eye on Cilla’s bestest friend, Sami, as the other two remaining hens are nicknamed ‘the krays’ for a good reason, especially where food is involved.

Apart from a little screaming Sami seems to be coping and we’re giving her extra cuddles which I think is annoying her a little but gives her something else to think about!

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

bless - hopeshe is okay - We are just awaitingour guests for a barbie - tyey are all fun so should be a brill afternoon XXX
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Mike

Post by Mike »

Taking down and spraying shutters again, the problem is repairing and spraying them a pair at a time, each hinge is different and the stone pins in different place's, hinge painter can't be trusted to keep them in pairs so adds complications to re-assembly.

Mike

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Changing UK car insurance company and changing internet supplier, really rivetting stuff. But saved over £100 on car insurance with included European breakdown cover and changed internet provider to fibre for the same cost, so not too bad for a bit of fiddling around at the computer. I should get £30 cashback too if it works out.

Went for a pleasant walk round the local lake to put off doing them, ended up at the nearby café for coffee and was tempted by the smell of bacon being grilled; reader, I caved in and had a bacon buttie. Very tasty!
Last edited by Gardengirl on Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.