Noisette wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:07 pm
It's going to be enormous fun in July, isn't it (not)... :roll:
Image July?

Wozzapnin' in July? :?

Joinfrance

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Joinfrance »

This thread seems to have been hijacked already! Knew it was a non-starter .
OK, I'll try to kickstart it again.
Today I'm going to screw my courage to the sticking point and see what I need for a carte de sejour. Given that I have changed my name a couple of times and don't have documentation to prove it, it could be fun...( you could do it in the UK by common usage, and even my passport is in the name I now use...)

mysty

Post by mysty »

Not sure what's happening today, we are meant to be off to work but are still in bed 😀
Good luck trying to get a carte sejour jo, name change they will probably say that is interdict in France without a certificate of conformity. 😀
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

CR - I had it the other way round when we moved here the "great powers that be" here could not get their heads round the fact that I had retired at 39 and wanted to class me as unemployed - when I explained I wasnt as I had no intention of working nor was I seeking employment - battle lines were drawn and I eveznutally won!!

Getting back to the thread what am I doing today - clearing out some drawers, throwing stuff out and trying to get my tablet back to accepting my WiFi and starting to marinade beef Bourg for later in the week :)
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

CelticRambler

Post by CelticRambler »

Waiting for the 'phone to ring in 10 minutes' time, to see if I can tick all the right boxes and get the green light for my Parisian back-to-work adventure.

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance »

Well, had absolutely no joy yesterday, directed to the website. Then all sorts of stuff intervened. a waif turned up then the rain started in earnest and I just couldn't face a long walk in it (to the prefecture, parking in Tulle is becoming impossible.) then a friend phoned from the hospital urgences, all go. Now I find myself with a mostly free day. Will give the Prefecture site another go. I wouldn't have to suffer like this if it wasn't for that stupid referendum! I just wish I could ignore it all. I'm only doing it to try to give myself a bit of security. I don't know what else to do. The thought of being forced to go back to the UK appals me...

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

Jo, why do you think that you need a CdS and why do you think that you might be forced to go back to the UK? I get the impression that you’ve lived in France for longer than five years but perhaps I’ve got that wrong.

alittlebitfrench

Post by alittlebitfrench »

Well, I'm cutting our haie today.

The last time I cut the haie was last summer and I managed to drop the hedge trimmer and it landed on the back of my foot and partially severed my achilles tendon. Could not walk properly for six months. :P

What body part will I lose today ? :D

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

Watch out for nesting birdies.

alittlebitfrench

Post by alittlebitfrench »

DominicBest wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:42 am
Watch out for nesting birdies.
Will do.

Let's be clear though, if a situation arises where I have to save my nads or some nesting birds....the birds are getting it.