Post by Gardengirl » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:15 pm

Simonflys wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:58 pm
Gardengirl wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:30 pm
Simonflys wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:07 am

Never on the same flight / day
Obviously you have your opinion, but I have occasionally found it to be true.
Nope - not my 'opinion' - simply a fact. The BA seat pricing algorithms mean that could just not happen for sales on the same aircraft. Simply put, if demand is particulary high for economy (Eurotraveller) seats then unsold seats in business (Club Europe) will be made available for economy sales at a reduced price and vice versa, at a higher price. It's just a question of moving the dividing curtain but always maximising revenue :P
Don’t know if this will work, it was a bit slow -

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/b ... urce=false
These users thanked the author Gardengirl for the post (total 3):
FrenchForumSurvivor (Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:06 am) • Simonflys (Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:30 am) • After the Storm (Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:19 am)

suein56

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by suein56 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:15 am

Gardengirl wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:15 pm

Don’t know if this will work, it was a bit slow -

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/b ... urce=false
Wow .. you did do well 😃
Chapeau 🙆
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:06 am

Looks like the BA seating algorithm doesn't always work, then - well done, GG. I bet the Economy lot didn't get the champagne you got.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Simonflys

Post by Simonflys » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:21 am

Well done but all it means is that economy is full - you'd end up in Club whatever as it would be pretty daft to book the economy fare! Expensive champagne!😜
These users thanked the author Simonflys for the post:
Le Démerdeur (Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:15 am)
I Never Did Mind About The Little Things.....
https://youtu.be/OSQR_GpCtEo

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:58 am

Thank you.

But it has cropped up occasionally, which is what I posted, as I had seen it in the past - I don’t take well to having my word doubted.
These users thanked the author Gardengirl for the post (total 2):
Simonflys (Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:17 am) • Elizabeth (Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:59 am)

Spardo

Post by Spardo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:43 am

Just out of bed, in the dark, I hate that, but must leave at 8 to get to Labrit in Les Landes south of Bordeaux to collect Jackson. I have an almost full tank but will try to top it up when I can on my way there, or on the way back to a small village in the Dordogne.

Many comparatively minor roads so hoping for a greve free run but there are a few pinch points, Perigueux and Mussidan for example, so fingers crossed. All being well I'll be home by 6 tonight with nothing else planned for over a week afterwards. :D

I had the rolling French news on BFM last night but it was all about Paris, you'd think there was nothing going on elsewhere. Well here's hoping there isn't. :roll:

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:48 am

I wish you a smooth run with no problems.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:59 am

Off to a charity lunch to fund raise for an animal charity here who transport animals to foster people and forever homes all over France. I hope we raise loads of money for them. They do a great job. I wonder if it is the same organisation Spardo does work for?
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Spardo

Post by Spardo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:10 pm

Gardengirl wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:48 am
I wish you a smooth run with no problems.

Thank you, it was smooth with no disruptions and easy fillups on the way down and back, at €1.40. :)

Nice to renew the aquaintance of the Phoenix fosterer who I have not seen for years, but she is a little bit out on her measurements I think. Jackson is a big Lab Lad but not as tall as she said, so he did fit in my front cage. I wish I had put him in the back one though as, once we were rolling and for the whole 3 and a half hour journey, he shouted directly into my right ear. And big dogs have big barks. I even resorted to stuffing kitchen towels in my ears and, when that didn't work, stopped and gave him a couple of squirts of Rescue Remedy. It had a small effect but he was very stressed being in a cage and his rapid panting never ceased. At destination he made friends with the resident 13 year old X breed and ignored all the chickens wandering about. I hope that it works well for him there, for me too, I don't want to have to take him somewhere else. :roll:
Bubbles1 wrote:Off to a charity lunch to fund raise for an animal charity here who transport animals to foster people and forever homes all over France. I hope we raise loads of money for them. They do a great job. I wonder if it is the same organisation Spardo does work for?
I don't work for a transport organisation, I work entirely alone with many rescue associations. In fact I don't know anyone else that does what I do and it would be useful to know because I am trying to wind down, the long journeys and now the dark are beginning to get to me. I hate to let people down but don't know anyone else to recommend to them.