View out the kitchen window

A place for some light-hearted chat.
AIIy

Re: View out the kitchen window

Post by AIIy »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:29 pm
I immediately saw an African lady in that lovely window. It was the colours more than the form.
Be honest. Did you see that before or after reading my post? Please say the latter. I saw a colourful bundle on her head held up by one hand while the other hand was on the hip of her colourfully clad body.

Have we had a definitive answer yet that I've missed?
Being funny makes you more attractive.
Beauty fades but sarcasm lives forever.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Befor Ally and it was instant, it was only by looking again enlarged (had to turn computer on its side because for some reason the photos rotate when I click on them to enlarge) that I could then see the details that you speak of but of course I was looking for confirmation of my bias.

I think I recognised the posture, an African woman with goods on her head possibly holding a baby to her side and of course the colours.

ATS, yes I can see that now but only when viewed from a distance and in isolation from the rest of the image.

Its probably supposed to be something completely different but has been fitted upside down :D
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

After the Storm 2

Post by After the Storm 2 »

I think it is just an abstract work of art but then I can see a face in it but not where it should be :P so i've no idea.

Le-Dolly

Post by Le-Dolly »

I see a African woman daily, as one of our tenants, but she never passes me with a bag on her head as she heads for the bins.

As far as the view from my kitchen window is concerned, no endless pasture, frolicking cows or having to strain to see a possible range of mountains. Just a former brewery that is now eight apartments. Perhaps not everyone's ideal view, but I see it in a different context. The cheapest apart brings in 425€ x 12, the biggest realises 550€, again x 12. With the others priced between and in full occupation, it becomes a very nice addition to my pensions. :D
Le-Dolly ( . )( . ) www.pink-electrique.fr

Jackie

Post by Jackie »

The view from the kitchen sink..
8EE23F95-F11D-475D-BB18-C0E463F6E015.jpeg

Lapourtaider

Post by Lapourtaider »

Can I urge those who don't have views of pastures but of walls to be brave and post their pictures as well, feeling a bit lonely here.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Oldblueraincoat wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:51 pm
FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:01 pm
whyme? wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:58 pm
I assure you that given the choice, any cook who spends time in a kitchen would prefer to look out on a view whilst preparing food.
I'd prefer it that any cook who's worthy of the name spends time looking at the food s/he's preparing rather than looking out on a view.
I cook every single day of my life save for when l am away from home or recuperating from surgery - And the absolute joy of looking out of the kitchen window at a view l never thought we would have lifts my heart. From what you say you have never spent much time in the kitchen otherwise you would know that much of the skill is in the waiting for the food to cook and knowing when to take it off of the heat or from the oven. I assume you just stare at your feet😊
No, I don't stare at my feet, because I've got better things to do when waiting for the food to cook than staring out the kitchen window at the neighbour's house.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:53 pm
Oldblueraincoat wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:51 pm
Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:01 pm
I'd prefer it that any cook who's worthy of the name spends time looking at the food s/he's preparing rather than looking out on a view.
I cook every single day of my life save for when l am away from home or recuperating from surgery - And the absolute joy of looking out of the kitchen window at a view l never thought we would have lifts my heart. From what you say you have never spent much time in the kitchen otherwise you would know that much of the skill is in the waiting for the food to cook and knowing when to take it off of the heat or from the oven. I assume you just stare at your feet😊
No, I don't stare at my feet, because I've got better things to do when waiting for the food to cook than staring out the kitchen window at the neighbour's house.
Absolutely. Who wants to hang around waiting for the microwave to go "PING".

AIIy

Post by AIIy »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:22 pm
Befor Ally and it was instant, it was only by looking again enlarged (had to turn computer on its side because for some reason the photos rotate when I click on them to enlarge) that I could then see the details that you speak of but of course I was looking for confirmation of my bias.

I think I recognised the posture, an African woman with goods on her head possibly holding a baby to her side and of course the colours.

ATS, yes I can see that now but only when viewed from a distance and in isolation from the rest of the image.

Its probably supposed to be something completely different but has been fitted upside down :D
Sorry LD I should have said the former.
Being funny makes you more attractive.
Beauty fades but sarcasm lives forever.

Oldblueraincoat

Post by Oldblueraincoat »

Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:22 am
Part of the view I'm looking at.

My apologies l cannot see your neighbours house that you look at while you are waiting for your food to cook - l am starting to get the impression that, like some others here, you just enjoy winding people up. This was a very friendly well thought out thread that gave us all an opportunity to share - you on the other hand seem to have turned it into something unpleasant. As they say on 'Dragons Den' - "I'm Out" :( :( :(