A place for some light-hearted chat.
yello
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: A forum, that's a good idea

Post by yello » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:42 pm

vic evans wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:35 pm
I can't imagine running a business these days. Far too much hassle.
I think I know what you mean. My wife spends ages on tasks (Facebook, Instagram, etc) that I think are unrelated to her business. It's advertising/PR/promotion, I know, and important in that context but these aren't the skills she ought be judged upon. I accept it's me that's at odds though. It is the way of today's business world, particularly for smaller/artisan type businesses. I couldn't be arsed with it though ;)
Last edited by yello on Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Debra

Post by Debra » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:43 pm

I must be a luddite too - I only have a smart phone because someone bought me one for Xmas one year and even then, it was a year before I set it up :)

sparkapuss

Post by sparkapuss » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:43 pm

Ah yes the good old days Vic, t'was rumoured I could break in to a smile, but then just a rumour, first mobile phone, no need to go to the gym when you'd carried that about all day, so cool, look he's got one of those phones, has it got any better, you can't get people of them these days. They are like a life support machine welded to their fingers. Babies are being born with a third eye in the forehead so as they don't walk in to lampposts

Noisette

Post by Noisette » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:16 pm

It was a revelation to me last summer, when the car broke down fairly definitively in the UK, that with a smartphone and a credit card there are very few situations that you can't get yourself out of! Add in one of those taser things and you're invincible :lol:
Be alert.....your country needs lerts!

south_bound

Post by south_bound » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:52 pm

Noisette wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:16 pm
It was a revelation to me last summer, when the car broke down fairly definitively in the UK, that with a smartphone and a credit card there are very few situations that you can't get yourself out of! Add in one of those taser things and you're invincible :lol:
Yes, but in the good old days you could probably repair the car enough to get you home with just a bit of string and your missus nylon tights and not bother with the phone or card.

CelticRambler

Post by CelticRambler » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:04 pm

south_bound wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:52 pm
Noisette wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:16 pm
Yes, but in the good old days you could probably repair the car enough to get you home with just a bit of string and your missus nylon tights and not bother with the phone or card.
Bit tricky, though, explaining to the missus when eventually you got home as to how you happened to have a pair of her nylons handy when she wasn't with you! :lol:

Nomoss

Post by Nomoss » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:28 pm

I just long for the days when we paid over £1000 for a fax machine from the UK because they didn't have them in Spain at a reasonable price, and then Telefonica making us get and pay for a second line when they found out we had it.

They must have paid someone to ring all the numbers and report those which answered with a fax tone.