I'd be absolutely gutted

A place for some light-hearted chat.
FrenchForumSurvivor

I'd be absolutely gutted

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Last Friday's Euromillions lottery prize of €210 million could have gone to an English student, but her online account didn't have enough funds in it to pay for the ticket: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/c ... t-23589563
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

After the Storm 2

Re: I'd be absolutely gutted

Post by After the Storm 2 »

That would be hard to take but someone else has won twice (if I remember rightly) so maybe she will be luckier in future, hopefully!

michael86

Post by michael86 »

The first report I read about this, quoted the girl as saying she'd been so busy with her studies that she forgot to buy a ticket that week. Now the reports say there wasn't enough funds to pay for a ticket. I wonder if it's true or are they just after their 15 minutes of fame. I also read about another girl who nearly won a lottery but all the numbers were 1 out from her numbers. I nearly won the lottery once but all my numbers were different from the ones picked.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

I looked up the story because I heard of it on France Inter this afternoon, there they said that she hadn't credited her online account. Found the latest mention on Capital.fr - https://www.capital.fr/economie-politiq ... os-1395700 - links from there to the Ladbible and the Mirror tell different versions.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen