Best UK radio station for news.

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Aardvark

Re: Best UK radio station for news.

Post by Aardvark »

By way of balance, my Roberts Stream 107 is absolute crap. Thankfully it is no longer available so you are safe from wasting your money on one. Poor wifi range, only works if you are in the same room as the router. If there is a power cut it forgets everything, including what time it is and what network it is supposed to connect to. Roberts used to make top class conventional radios but I'd never buy another of their products if the 107 is typical.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

chrisell wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:21 pm
IKEA of all places have lined with Sonos and there's 100 euro bookshelf speakers that are both bluetooth and wi fi - they are amazing for their size and cost - they obviously have a bloody odd name
https://www.ikea.com/fr/fr/p/symfonisk- ... -50357554/
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Friends have those speakers and think they are great, “Nous sommes tous fanes.”

To be recommended.

Mrs Archy

Post by Mrs Archy »

Bald Eagle wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:12 pm
Mrs Archy I have a ROBERTS 93i and it is the bees-knees. It is a great piece of kit. I use mine mainly via the internet.
It has:-
Internet
Spotify (No idea what that is :) )
Music player where you can use your own USB
DAB radio (never use because I find UK DAB particularly bad reception)
FM radio
Aux in
Very easy to setup and excellent sound.
BE I am over the moon why...because my 94i arrived yesterday - I love it and can't believe I gone for so long without a proper radio - thanks for your input. I spent the morning setting it up and the afternoon and into evening loving Absolute Radio 70s - and it's good for the grey matter as we are now trying hard to remember the names of some of the artists as they play even doing the actions to 'Hot Love' you know as in the The Fully Monty - OH is in the garden and I'm at the patio window waving my arms around to 'We are the Champions' and getting him to guess the song - better watch out that I don't get arrested :lol:
The alarm went off this morning and we were in bed at it again - guessing artists that is.........Happy Daze as they say.
Northern Soul - Keep The Faith

‘The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows’

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

Great news Mrs Archy! :D I listen to ROKiT Classic Network because I'm a great fan of old time comedy shows such as "Round the Horne" and "I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue".
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Mrs Archy

Post by Mrs Archy »

Bald Eagle wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:47 pm
Great news Mrs Archy! :D I listen to ROKiT Classic Network because I'm a great fan of old time comedy shows such as "Round the Horne" and "I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue".
Thanks BE I shall get onto that as I love those shows as well.
Northern Soul - Keep The Faith

‘The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows’