Best UK radio station for news.

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Bald Eagle

Best UK radio station for news.

Post by Bald Eagle »

For a good unbiased listen to UK news try talkRADIO. I listen on the net and the don't miss programme is Mike Graham 10.00 to 13.00 UK time. This bloke does not take prisoners!
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Annabelle's Papa

Re: Best UK radio station for news.

Post by Annabelle's Papa »

Bald Eagle wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:15 pm
For a good unbiased listen to UK news try talkRADIO. I listen on the net and the don't miss programme is Mike Graham 10.00 to 13.00 UK time. This bloke does not take prisoners!

Yeah, he's good , he used to be on TalkSport (sister station I believe) and he did a late (midnight show) which was brilliant as he could be his mischievous best.
The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. Bob Marley

Captain Morgan

Post by Captain Morgan »

Unbiased my a#¢e, more Murdoch propaganda.

treiziste

Post by treiziste »

He is definitely NOT unbiased.

Talkradio is primarily pro Brexit and anti Europe in the majority of its journalists nowadays . All the Remainer views are expressed at off-peak hours.

I listen most mornings but have to switch over when these Boris luvvies go too far.

Mike Graham was on Talksport for a few years with various programmes mainly piloting the 24 hr sports station through the night. He did well considering he has very interest or knowledge of sport.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

My "go to" station would be James O'brian in the morning on LBC radio. He is very keen to point out the failings of Bojo and his self-serving cronies. He is so outspoken I'm puzzled why he hasn't been given a gagging order for telling the truth.

JohnnyD

Post by JohnnyD »

Aardvark wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:56 pm
My "go to" station would be James O'brian in the morning on LBC radio. He is very keen to point out the failings of Bojo and his self-serving cronies. He is so outspoken I'm puzzled why he hasn't been given a gagging order for telling the truth.
Indeed so, he is my favourite also, very few stations and personnel left that havn’t been silenced by this bunch of Tory cronies

jsks

Post by jsks »

The thing about James O'Brian is that he won't allow people to make some unsupported statement or repeat some political platitude without trying to get them to explain what they mean. It's not just the Brexit idiots that get grilled but anyone who just parrots clichés ( it's just that the brexiters do that more than anyone else).

The best is when he asks for one positive, definable benefit of Brexit. After 4 1/2 years, still no coherent answer. Great stuff.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

jsks wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:24 pm
that he won't allow people to make some unsupported statement or repeat some political platitude without trying to get them to explain what they mean. It's not just the Brexit idiots that get grilled but anyone who just parrots clichés
Ditto with Mike Graham! The trouble is that he doesn't spout anti Brexit rubbish so that is probably why you lot do not like him. ;) ;) ;)
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

jsks

Post by jsks »

Bald Eagle wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:07 pm
jsks wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:24 pm
that he won't allow people to make some unsupported statement or repeat some political platitude without trying to get them to explain what they mean. It's not just the Brexit idiots that get grilled but anyone who just parrots clichés
Ditto with Mike Graham! The trouble is that he doesn't spout anti Brexit rubbish so that is probably why you lot do not like him. ;) ;) ;)
I'm sure not the only one that's never heard of him.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

That's why I've given him a plug jsks to let you all know what you are missing!