Selling a car to one of these companies on the TV

A place for some light-hearted chat.
mysty

Selling a car to one of these companies on the TV

Post by mysty »

You see on French tv lots of happy people that just call this number advertised pop along with the car or they can come to your home and collect it.
Dead easy and you get a great price.
Ats phoned them yesterday, they said online 3000 a nice man called went through everything and then said between 200 and 400. :lol:
Not sure these companies pay out market value I suppose they have adverts to pay for.
I put an ad on LBC and had dealers offering 2500 within 10 minutes of the ad going up.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Annabelle's Papa

Re: Selling a car to one of these companies on the TV

Post by Annabelle's Papa »

Everyone is trying to make a little money off everybody.

We Buy Any Car in the UK do exactly as you described, they offer you a fantastic price over the phone or online but try and get you to one of their workshops and once there they tell you how much it will cost to make it look like new and expect that price off the offer price for your car.

When WBAC first set up a friend had been to a BMW dealer with his wife's X1 to get a trade in price and then went online and got a very good price from WBAC and when he took it to their workshop they couldn't find any issues with the car that would reduce the amount they would offer, so he got a really good deal. Then he was a cash buyer at BMW so got two good deals but this story is the exception that proves the rule.
The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. Bob Marley

curtis

Post by curtis »

The ad for Vendez Votre Voiture.fr is grim. There is one family of three where the little girl has a vacant uninterested look and appears to have been dressed by Tim17 at Emmaus. :D
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

mysty

Post by mysty »

curtis wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:40 am
The ad for Vendez Votre Voiture.fr is grim. There is one family of three where the little girl has a vacant uninterested look and appears to have been dressed by Tim17 at Emmaus. :D
You cannot really blame Emmaus. ;)
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

I’ve only used WBAC once and it worked out pretty well. My SIL wasn’t able to drive any more, so I had her car and didn’t want any hassle selling mine.

I was quoted a good price online, drove to their place, handed over the paperwork and service history and after discussion about some of the paintwork came away with just a few hundred less than the online quote, can’t remember exactly how much but definitely wasn’t ripped off. I’d have driven away if the deal was no good,