how old !!

A place for some light-hearted chat.
bubbles1

Re: how old !!

Post by bubbles1 »

Mrs Archy wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:01 pm
My teddy bear that ma & pa bought for me when I was a baby that groans when rocked back and forth (Merrythought) - he's the same age as me and as thread bare!
I still have my teddy which my Grandfather purchased for me for my 1st Birthday. It must have cost him a fortune in those days. Lambs wool with a mechanism inside which played Brahms Lullaby when its leg was wound up - sadly I gave him a bath but he still sits on ly bedside cabinet and I say goodnight to him every night;
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

AIIy

Post by AIIy »

Similar story here. My papa bought me an action man at Christmas 1965. Being a boy I treated him a bit rough over the years and now he sits, minus a hand and a foot, in a glass case with some other old stuff. I've no idea what happened to the action man though.
Being funny makes you more attractive.
Beauty fades but sarcasm lives forever.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

AIIy wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:18 pm
Similar story here. My papa bought me an action man at Christmas 1965. Being a boy I treated him a bit rough over the years and now he sits, minus a hand and a foot, in a glass case with some other old stuff. I've no idea what happened to the action man though.
I love you XXXXX
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

AIIy

Post by AIIy »

:oops: You realise that's no a PM, right?

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Yes - I said it cause your post was so funny - I thought you would have realised that :lol: :lol:

AIIy

Post by AIIy »

bubbles1 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:27 pm
Yes - I said it cause your post was so funny - I thought you would have realised that :lol: :lol:
It's ok. I love you back.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

As a 5 year old back many,many years ago I was given a Revojet plane for Xmas. It was played with for years but "disappeared" during a house move. I remarked to my sister-in-law , Irene, that I still missed it. Lo and behold when they next visited us in Brittany in 2010 they brought me one bought off ebay! Magic, but the spinning wings made a noise that scared the cows in a field next to our house.
IMG_1152.JPG
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

That reminds me - I watched a tv programme recently called ‘The Bidding Room’ where there was a huge collection of Subbuteo, which sold to the highest bidder. It reminded me that we still have a couple of sets which belonged to my BIL, who passed them on to us for our sons to play with. It’s 50-60 years old.

In fact, they rarely played with it, as they preferred to play with the table football. We still have the Subbuteo, table football and other toys from the 1970s somewhere upstairs. When we can take it all charity shops they’ll go - after seeing if our granddaughters would like any of them.

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur »

One of my first toys: RAF jet.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

RobertArthur wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:27 pm
One of my first toys: RAF jet.
WOW! I want one!
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”