Easter decorations

A place for some light-hearted chat.
After the Storm

Easter decorations

Post by After the Storm »

Was surprised at how much of our local shops have given over already to chocolates for Easter, as well as more in the way of decorations than I have seen before. However, I have not yet seen an “Easter tree” which I’ve just heard is something you can buy in the U.K. and is popular this year already. Wonder what that looks like, will it have bunnie and chick baubles to hang from it?

Joinfrance

Re: Easter decorations

Post by Joinfrance »

Ever more desirable (?) tat to part the gullible from their money...(pardon my cynicism... comes from getting up late - maybe...)

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Plus 1
Life. Terms and conditions apply.

After the Storm

I've never bought any Easter decorations, except once for someone that was having a special Easter meal for their little kids so a couple of small things were bought to go on the table. I do admit that the rather large rabbit that greeted me as I walked into the shop made me smile but I didn't buy it 1. Mysty would have told me I've now gone completely mad 2. Demon would have dragged it to his bed after having shaken it about first :P
But I wonder, is it much different from me decorating our home at other times through the year buying candles, flowers, pretty linen, napkins (yes, I have thing about napkins, who knew eh :lol: ). I am amazed at what others spend at Christmas and wouldn't want to see that at any time of year so there will never be an Easter tree bought by me but still rather curious as to whether an Easter tree is just a Christmas tree that is yellow instead of green :D

CelticRambler

Post by CelticRambler »

There's a "logical" tradition behind Christmas trees; there's no logic to having an Easter tree, so I strongly suspect it's the product of a capitalist imagination. In some quarters, it's become common to create and Easter garden - but the tree in that is a crucifix waiting for someone to be nailed to it - not quite the Hallmark sentiment! :lol:

Seeing as Easter is less than a month away, I'm not surprised that the shops have started stocking up. I've noticed that our French supermarkets are gradually bringing their seasons forward to match the "anglosaxon" rhythm. It might have something to do with being left with a huge pile of seasonal chocolate and other themed goods after the relevant holiday. Mind you, maybe they wouldn't have such a huge pile if they sold them off cheap on the last day instead of two weeks later! :roll:

Veem

Post by Veem »

https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-ea ... e/p3310340

This one is available for only £15 + delivery Baubles are extra. John Lewis have another for £20 but it is already out of stock!

yello

Post by yello »

I ought get out more, I'd never heard of Easter decorations.

Joeblck

Post by Joeblck »

Never heard of it either,Easter to me is Roast lamb,garlic,rosemary and a bottle of red!
London Irish.

After the Storm

Thank you for the link Veem. I was surprised at the idea of an Easter tree this morning and now even more surprised after looking at the link by the fact that someone came up with the idea of making carrot crackers... :P

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Our sons are now in their 40s, but when they were about 5/6, I put twigs in a vase and hung small, wooden, brightly-painted eggs on it. We did that every year until we had fitted wardrobes installed in our bedroom and everything had to be removed - after which we never found them again.