New Mobile

Computers, Internet & Broadband, IT issues, Phones & Mobiles and televisions.
bubbles1

New Mobile

Post by bubbles1 »

Yes it is that time again when my mobile company offer me a new mobile to use up the fidelity points I have earned. The cheapest on they are offering le this time is an LS WIKO Tommy 2 Bleen for 11 euros. 4G. Is a micro sim one of the tiny tiny ones. Anyone got any experience of WIKO and/or any ideas or comments - all welcome. I have a month to consider. I am ont considering any of the others as they start at the offer price of 69 euros.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Spotty

Re: New Mobile

Post by Spotty »

My lad's got a Wiko, he loves it, hugs it, calls it Georgina

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I have a Wiko, sits on the side and only gets used for credit card bookings, I'm a luddite so any views would be slanted, have no complaints about it but then would not know a good from a bad smartphone.

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

Chancer wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:55 pm
I have a Wiko, sits on the side and only gets used for credit card bookings, I'm a luddite so any views would be slanted, have no complaints about it but then would not know a good from a bad smartphone.
I've got a Logicom, it works but it's not as smart as moi

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Thanks for the comments. I may just go for it as it is only 11 euros to pay after deducting the fidelity points. It does have a bigger screen and is a G4. Mine is a G2 I seem to recall. I will still keep the old one. anyway soit does turn out to be crap I have only lost 11 euros!!!!!! I actually dontuse it for much more than phonning and texting and a few other functions.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Well got my new mobile - it has sat in the box for about 3 weeks as I have been really busy and I jut couldnt face it as I hated my last phone. Had some breathing space over the weekend so decided to get my head round it and sort it in between other stuff. Brilliant once I realised you had to sign up to Wiko before you could do certain things it went like a dream. my only problem was my phone numbers were not on the sim card and I couldnt work out how to do that on my old phone. Just put then all back in on the new one - took some time. Have downloaded whatsapp, Shazam, facebook google and some others. I have now managed to change the language to Engish after doing all that in French :) I think we are going to get on well my new phone and I - I hated my last phone as everything I tried to do seemed so complicated. Just goes to show I am gtting better at this techno stuff and despite what a person in real life said to me - it is not me it was the phone - God help the world now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug

Post by Doug »

Toh has had one for a few years dual sim, only uses it for emergencies and to text whilst in the uk.
Top up 10€ about twice a year.
L'clerc for one and a cheap three from the uk for the other.

F Flinstone

Post by F Flinstone »

I have a "Logicom" based on the "Galaxy" model, its been a good phone however, its now three years old and I cannot get a replacement battery for it, other models yes, but mine no :x :x so Having hunted around have found out that "Nokia" have just brought out a basic smartphone called, suprise suprise the "Nokia 1" :shock: it has good write ups and at 99€ is a good buy, had to order and pick up this morning, I don't understand why people have a contract when you can buy the phone and just top it up for your calls, unless you are the type that has it permanently attached to your ear :).

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

A huge number of people do it just because they have to have the latest bells and whistles model. It gives them bragging rights down at the pub to flash their new expensive toy. I finally bought a smartphone just to see what it is that everyone is talking about. Cost me £32 from China. I have been working my way through dozens and dozens of the "Apps" and finding most of them are next to useless. The 5 inch screen confirms my long held suspicion that watching a movie or TV on a phone is a ridiculous waste of time and eyesight.
World beating track and trace. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

I had a decorated structure that was suspended so as to turn freely in the air in the middle of the last centuary.