Official Translator

Gyp
Has thanked: 0

Official Translator

Post by Gyp » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:49 pm

Went to Prefecture in Perigueux today to apply for Carte Sejours. Had all the documents that I thought we would need but Monsieur said ' Non ' needed to have translations of various documents by a Transducteur Agrées. When I asked him if he knew of one or had a list he dismissively said - at the Tribunal.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find someone who can put their official stamp to their translation. If possible nearer to Sainte Foy La Grande where we live - perhaps bergerac?

thanks very much for any help.

Andy

Kathyc

Re: Official Translator

Post by Kathyc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:16 pm

Gyp wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:49 pm
Went to Prefecture in Perigueux today to apply for Carte Sejours. Had all the documents that I thought we would need but Monsieur said ' Non ' needed to have translations of various documents by a Transducteur Agrées. When I asked him if he knew of one or had a list he dismissively said - at the Tribunal.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find someone who can put their official stamp to their translation. If possible nearer to Sainte Foy La Grande where we live - perhaps bergerac?

thanks very much for any help.

Andy
If that's the case, I'm definitely not applying yet! Which documents was he talking about?
These users thanked the author Kathyc for the post:
Archy (Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:20 pm)

Noisette

Post by Noisette » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi Gyp, try looking in Pages Jaunes for 'traducteur assermenté' or 'traducteur agrée'. Googling one in Ste Foy didn't come up with much. Have you asked on the more localised forums like Group 47, Anglo Info etc?
Be alert.....your country needs lerts!

misswoodentop

Post by misswoodentop » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:49 pm

I have used an officially-recognised translator near to me, but it can be done by post - the name of the people in question is:
Traducteurs Dickson, Cherveix Cubas - they were very helpful, and prompt, with my birth certificate.
http://traduction.juridique.free.fr/

pomme homme

Post by pomme homme » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Do all the documents submitted in support of the carte de séjour application have to be officially translated? If so I'd be interested, Gyp, to know what proves to be the total cost of this exercise.

Headers

Post by Headers » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:38 pm

We had to have all our English sourced docs translated for the Agen prefecture, except for the S1 which is an eu standard doc. We used Leapfrog services. Traducteur . All done by email, but they did require to see the originals to put a stamp on them. Turnaround extremely speedy. If you are a Facebook user and join the RIFT group, there is a wealth of information on each prefectures requirements and also a list of traducteurs and loads of good advice from others that are going through the process. There are so many combinations of circumstances that require different approaches.
These users thanked the author Headers for the post (total 2):
Kathyc (Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:55 pm) • After the Storm (Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:19 pm)

misswoodentop

Post by misswoodentop » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:47 pm

pomme homme wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:52 pm
Do all the documents submitted in support of the carte de séjour application have to be officially translated? If so I'd be interested, Gyp, to know what proves to be the total cost of this exercise.
Not sure if you know that the other person lives near you, but as always in France, each department has their own requirements, some more picky than others, so unless the person you ask lives in the same dept, no point in asking, because they are all different.
My birth certificate - the full one is necessary, with parents' names - was €60 from Dicksons.

Kathyc

Post by Kathyc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:21 pm

Headers wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:38 pm
We had to have all our English sourced docs translated for the Agen prefecture, except for the S1 which is an eu standard doc. We used Leapfrog services. Traducteur . All done by email, but they did require to see the originals to put a stamp on them. Turnaround extremely speedy. If you are a Facebook user and join the RIFT group, there is a wealth of information on each prefectures requirements and also a list of traducteurs and loads of good advice from others that are going through the process. There are so many combinations of circumstances that require different approaches.
I'm trying - I keep getting heavy metal bands!

Gyp
Has thanked: 0

Post by Gyp » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:42 pm

Hi all

Thanks for the help. Obviously the demands of different prefectures varies. I can only comment on Dordogne ( Perigueux) They are requesting translations of any document not originally in French. Proof of pension income etc. So far I have been quoted €60 per page which will make the whole process quite expensive - in excess of €300. If I find a more realistic quote I will certainly share it.

Thanks to all who have replied.
These users thanked the author Gyp for the post (total 2):
Kathyc (Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:27 pm) • pomme homme (Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:52 pm)

Kathyc

Post by Kathyc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:30 pm

Gyp wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:42 pm
Hi all

Thanks for the help. Obviously the demands of different prefectures varies. I can only comment on Dordogne ( Perigueux) They are requesting translations of any document not originally in French. Proof of pension income etc. So far I have been quoted €60 per page which will make the whole process quite expensive - in excess of €300. If I find a more realistic quote I will certainly share it.

Thanks to all who have replied.
So, not actually the simple, cheap process that's been described previously then?