Taxe d'hab

Lapourtaider

Re: Taxe d'hab

Post by Lapourtaider »

Loup-garou wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:45 am
Thanks for posting that. I can't, for the life of me see why I should be exempt. Possibly:-
"la composition du foyer fiscal et de ne pas avoir payé l’impôt sur la fortune immobilière (IFI) en 2019"
don't think I paid that - I don't know what it is.
:?:
It's all this bit

"les personnes âgées de 60 ans ou veuves (quel que soit l’âge), sous réserve de ne pas dépasser une limite de revenus qui varie selon la composition du foyer fiscal et de ne pas avoir payé l’impôt sur la fortune immobilière (IFI) en 2019"

Le-Dolly

Post by Le-Dolly »

This year, it's the same as last, no TdH or TV/Radio charges on either of the two properties on our 'estate'. Probably down to the fact that I am over 60 and we run a very aggressive & pro-active campaign over our income that limits our contribution to Income Tax to zero, although this year we cocked up and had a red figure of 3,84€ but the Impôts gave us a swerve on that.

The company premises Taxe bills, are, as usual, high.

Mind you. we did have our regularly high TdF figure of over 5,600€.............................that was not a typo. :D
Le-Dolly ( . )( . ) www.pink-electrique.fr

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

You say no dedevance audiovisuelle on either of the two properties last year, did you pay it for any property in that year?

If not, how did you manage that?
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

formagebleu

Post by formagebleu »

Good to read the posts and pick up info - and many thanks to all for the knowledge shared.

But has anyone received the Taxe D'hab- trying to pay it ASAP.

Managed the Fonc tax on line- as is required - but have received nothing re the taxe d'hab and so have no idea how much I should be paying.
It's bad enough to be paying such huge amounts on a house with a lot less value than UK house- and the tax (Fon/d'hab) are not that much different ...

With many thanks to all!

Lapourtaider

Post by Lapourtaider »

formagebleu wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:23 am
Good to read the posts and pick up info - and many thanks to all for the knowledge shared.

Managed the Fonc tax on line- as is required - but have received nothing re the taxe d'hab and so have no idea how much I should be paying.
It's bad enough to be paying such huge amounts on a house with a lot less value than UK house- and the tax (Fon/d'hab) are not that much different ...

With many thanks to all!
If you can go online to the impots site, you can see if your bill has been calculated. If not you will have to wait for the paper bill.

Loup-garou

Post by Loup-garou »

Yes Lapourtaider - I think some people are discussing entries on the bills they have received this time. As I say, mine (and it seems Elsie's) were received very recently. In my case it was on my impots account so no paper copy. It would appear that they are being sent out currently.

I pay by prélèvement so mine had no "pay by" date to offer to you for reassurance.

Lapourtaider

Post by Lapourtaider »

Loup-garou wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:43 am
Yes Lapourtaider - I think some people are discussing entries on the bills they have received this time. As I say, mine (and it seems Elsie's) were received very recently. In my case it was on my impots account so no paper copy. It would appear that they are being sent out currently.
Received my paper one about a week ago.

Le-Dolly

Post by Le-Dolly »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:32 pm
You say no dedevance audiovisuelle on either of the two properties last year, did you pay it for any property in that year?

If not, how did you manage that?
I have to say I do not have a clue. One property is a very, very large garage/grange which was automatically charged for TdH & DA at the beginning, but that was altered to zero quite some time ago. The other property is our owse, whilst we did inform of the need to pay the DA, and were duly charged, the last two years the 'man' has asked for a payment of zero. As said at the outset, I haven't a clue.
Le-Dolly ( . )( . ) www.pink-electrique.fr

exile

Post by exile »

formagebleu wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:23 am

With many thanks to all!
Perhaps that is because the services and the costs of those services are more or less the same in both countries. In general property prices in France are much lower than the UK but the taxes collected on these properties still have to pay for street lighting and cleaning, local police, libraries and so on. I actually think that France might do slightly better than the UK in so far as there seems to be a small amount of money in the pot to support very local activities - clubs, societies, special events, cultural events etc..

formagebleu

Post by formagebleu »

Many thanks Lapourtraider & Loup-garou

I tried that and have my tax number, but not the reference number for the current bill for the tax - I tried with last year's and that was not accepted.

I have also just discovered that there's a bit of time as it's not yet due - I hope! I suspect that the tax office (as last year) will send to the old address- in spite of my visiting them when we moved with proof of new address, passport etc... we live in the UK so can't go to any tax office- even if they were open. And no doubt the pandemic is a reason they will give for slower service- as I have also emailed my tax office in the Vienne.

That's why I am concerned - and know they charge 10% if paid late- and hab tax will be around 8-900 euros.