URGENT HELP Please - Tax Declaration

jardiniere

URGENT HELP Please - Tax Declaration

Post by jardiniere »

Left it till last day again :oops: We had some windows replaced last summer and I know we're entitled to a rebate, think it's 33% but can't remember if I have to exclude the cost of fitting. Can someone help please? Thank you.

mysty

Re: URGENT HELP Please - Tax Declaration

Post by mysty »

I thought you only get money back if your paying income tax here.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

jardiniere

Post by jardiniere »

Yes, that's right.

suein56

Post by suein56 »

Windows were at 30% rebate till December 31 2017 but, I believe, only if their replacement formed part of a group of energy savings measures done at the same time eg roof space insulated + windows .. both done in 2017.

I believe it is just the windows themselves that are deductible, not the installation though they must have been installed by an accredited professional.
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

jardiniere

Post by jardiniere »

Thank you, sue, but I do hope you're wrong about the window replacement having to form part of a group of energy-saving measures as our choice was influenced by the refund. The windows were supplied and fitted by the same company but we didn't have any other work done.

jardiniere

Post by jardiniere »

I've found this info:
https://www.lexpertfenetre.fr/dossiers/credit-impots/

It is a 30% refund but only if the windows conform to certain criteria. Will leave it for the Impôts to decide.

Didn't realise the 30% refund ended Dec 17, replaced by 15% just until the end of June, 18.

suein56

Post by suein56 »

The rules and regs change so rapidly here it is sometimes difficult to keep up.
The more-than-one improvement at a time was certainly proposed and I thought it had been introduced.
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

pomme homme

Post by pomme homme »

A recent discussion with the local impôts office revealed that:

- the tax credit is now only 15%; and
- it is only available on the cost of the windows (and not the cost of fitting them); and
- it is only available if double glazed windows are installed to replace existing single glazed windows; and
- it is only available if the windows are supplied and fitted by a registered artisan; and
- it does not apply to doors; and
- it can be claimed only if payment is made before the end of this month.

After the end of this month the tax credit for windows, at least, becomes history. It'll be interesting to see how hard this hits the businesses of the artisans supplying and fitting double glazing. Historically the reason for employing them was the availability of tax credits. Without these they may lose out to DIYers or find that they are employed only to fit the windows that have been sourced direct from suppliers by the customers.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Sorry I have been offline for another reason. You do not have to qualify to pay income tax here, they will send you a cheque if your income is below the limit. You have to include the claim for the year the work was done. For example we had a window replaced last year so I claimed this year for it. I put in the total amount of the cost. Included a copy of the bill and will receive a cheque. I dont know what is and is not included in the refund, such as fitting etc. From memory the chap said 20%. We wanted it done so any refund for us is a bonus. If you didnt get it included you could always go to your tax office - plead stupid and ask them to include it. I find at mine they are really helpful.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

jardiniere

Post by jardiniere »

Bubbles, how did you manage to include a copy of the bill? i was surprised that I wasn't asked for evidence.