EDF Bills and Firefox.

Water, electricity, gas etc.
Plog

EDF Bills and Firefox.

Post by Plog » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:56 am

Anyone else tried to pay EdF online recently and been blocked? In our case we’ve tried multiple devices and two different browsers but the error message comes back that it is down to us using Firefox...which we are not.

Finally resorted to snail mail.

george

Re: EDF Bills and Firefox.

Post by george » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:06 am

Plog wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:56 am
Anyone else tried to pay EdF online recently and been blocked? In our case we’ve tried multiple devices and two different browsers but the error message comes back that it is down to us using Firefox...which we are not.

Finally resorted to snail mail.
You probably have the english language helpline but just in case, its 00 33 556 1740 70
E Pluribus Unum - Out of Many, One

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:14 am

On a few occasions I have met with problems on sites, some have taken a dislike either to my browser or the privacy settings I have applied. A staunch user of Firefox I decided to install another option to have an alternative browser for those situations. I installed Opera and like it so much I rarely go back to Firefox but it is available in a single click if needed.
Life: Terms and Conditions apply

Plog

Post by Plog » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:09 pm

Thanks..

FWIW We’ve used Chrome on a windows machine, and Safari on an iPad...don’t have Firefox on anything but nevertheless are consistently getting an error message blaming Firefox for the problem...darned if I know what is going on but the postbox in the village worked OK..... 8-)

hez
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by hez » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:32 pm

Nope, never have a problem. Just sent my reading in yesterday. Can you sign in ok and check the I am not a robot box?

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:53 pm

I think EDF has one of the worst websites out there. I don’t use Firefox but couldn’t log into our account the other day. Looking online, it seems to be a common problem with them regardless which browser you use. Last I couldn’t log in, I just left it a few days and next time I tried it worked fine so hoping the same thing will happen this time.
In the parallel universe inhabited by Brexiteers rationality and logic are increasingly inverted if not outright subverted.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:41 am

Agreed. I have had issues with the EDF website many times.
In fact, most of my site problems have been with French utility companys and government sites.
Life: Terms and Conditions apply

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:05 pm

I moved to Direct Energie 3 or more years ago, other than the complications of me having multiple electricity accounts the site works very well, in fact that I can access all the accounts from one log in speaks volumes, I bet I would have had different ID's and passwords for each one with EDF.

Back then their site was frequently "temporarily unavailable" and the same message would often come up whenever you did get in and actually try to do anything, sounds like nothing has changed since then.

Soon I may have several other accounts at a seperate address, I know the D.E. site will allow this.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:33 pm

You don’t need to have different ID’s or passwords on EDF either Chancer but that doesn’t help when you can’t even log in to your account.
These users thanked the author After the Storm for the post:
Le Démerdeur (Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:39 pm)
In the parallel universe inhabited by Brexiteers rationality and logic are increasingly inverted if not outright subverted.

Fittersmate
Has thanked: 0

Post by Fittersmate » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:26 pm

Logged in to EDF this morning to pay bill. Got as far as the message re Firefox but could not get any further. A message then flashed up very briefly regarding pop-ups being blocked on the site. Unblocked pop-ups for edf site and then everything ok.