France wide assistance for getting your Brexit residency permit

A place to post factual information so people can quickly find any important information that they might need. Experiences of getting a carte de sejour or residency etc.
- NOT FOR GENERAL CHAT
AIIy

Re: France wide assistance for getting your Brexit residency permit

Post by AIIy »

"If you get an Aussie chick on the phone hang up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:"

You cannae say that. That's pure temptation to phone.
Being funny makes you more attractive.
Beauty fades but sarcasm lives forever.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

clothmama wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:05 pm

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:23 pm
I believe certainly be put back.
Really? I've had no information about this at all and we have regular contact with the Ministry of Interiors, embassies and prefectures :? Where did you hear that?
I have not heard it, I said that it was my belief, substitute "I reckon it will certainly be put back" if you like.

"I believe" that I have been wrong many times before :lol:

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

clothmama wrote:
AIIy wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:17 pm
Has anyone used any of the above with success or otherwise. Just as a matter of interest. When my bottle finally goes, I might.
If you get an Aussie chick on the phone hang up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But not before saying, "G'day, Sheila, how're your dags hanging?"
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

clothmama

Post by clothmama »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Catrose

Post by Catrose »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:13 pm
clothmama wrote:

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:23 pm
I have not heard it, I said that it was my belief, substitute "I reckon it will certainly be put back" if you like.

I “believe” that for once you might be right! 😂🤣

Don’t see why they will extend deadline. If you haven’t applied by June 30th then so be it, you’ll have missed the boat. Loads of cards have already been issued and the applications only opened in October’ish. So three to four month turnaround. Which is what they’ll have after closing date.

I think the list with 8 applications in your department might have been the rift survey - which is totally unrepresentative! I think it was 5,000 people out of the 100,000+ that have applied.

exile

Post by exile »

Catrose wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:02 pm
Le Démerdeur wrote:
clothmama wrote:

Don’t see why they will extend deadline. If you haven’t applied by June 30th then so be it, you’ll have missed the boat. Loads of cards have already been issued and the applications only opened in October’ish. So three to four month turnaround. Which is what they’ll have after closing date.

I think the list with 8 applications in your department might have been the rift survey - which is totally unrepresentative! I think it was 5,000 people out of the 100,000+ that have applied.
Well like LD I believe the end date will be put back.
Reason:
The application process was supposed to start 1.7.2020 and was put back 15 weeks due to Covid. That is 15 weeks lost off the time to process the requests.
The reason for the delay was put down to Covid. Nothing has improved since then to allow them to meet the timetable, let alone catch up those 15 lost weeks.
When we got an attestation attached to the confirmation of our application, my reaction was that I thought that indicated that the authorities thought the process might not be complete by 1.10.2021. I posted as much here and IIRC LD rather scoffed at the suggestion then.
Quite a number of departements do not seem to have even started processing applications according to the RIFT survey and that would coincide with my personal observations and the worried posts by some of the posters on this site.
WE effectively now have 4-5 months of fonctionaires working time before the process ends. That is not much time - even for those departements who have really got their skates on with the large numbers they expect. [ March +2/3 April due to Easter + at best half May due to public holidays and ponts + June + September - July and August written off as is the custom for any formal work at the prefectures.]

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

I hope you're right, both of you, as I still haven't got my finger out to get my passport updated.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

clothmama

Post by clothmama »

there is a huge discrepancy between the prefectures, some have no extra staff so are being slower as they are dealing with all the other CDS applications. Recent feedback I had from Bordeaux pref was that the WA CDS actually only make up a small / tiny % of what they deal with so for them it isn't a massive priority when there is still months before the deadline, nad they have large staff so once they get moving all will be well. I'm getting feedback from the areas I'm working with and even the slowest (Nice for one) seem to be starting to roll out appointments.

I imagine as we get further into the year and they know the 01/10 deadline to have the cards out things will start speeding up. Once they open your dossier it all moves quickly, appointments generally 5 days or so later and cards arrive in your mail box around 3 weeks after that.

Chill guys!
FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:18 pm
I hope you're right, both of you, as I still haven't got my finger out to get my passport updated.
you urgently need to do that as there are reports that it is taking longer than normal between covid and Brexshit.

limousinlady

Post by limousinlady »

We applied October 2019. for a 'swap' from the Eu carte de sejour (5 year) to permanent. OH received his notification in January 2021 that his card would be ready 1 month later for collection. I emailed to ask about mine and received two replies, one standard - ready for collection in 1 month and then a specific to collect and take old card with me. We went on Monday to Limoges -no appointments, queued for 30 minutes. Handed over old cards and received new cards. In and out within a couple of minutes. There was a longer queue when we left, some appointments took longer than others, as we saw some people with documents.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Catrose wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:02 pm
Le Démerdeur wrote:
clothmama wrote:

Don’t see why they will extend deadline. If you haven’t applied by June 30th then so be it, you’ll have missed the boat.

Just to confirm, I did make my application and the appointment came through quite quickly, too quickly for me as I was out of the area and could not attend, because it was sent by E-mail & written in such a rude manner (par for the course here) had a mispelt and irrelevant title that even a spammer would have done a better job of and expected me to be there within 36 hours with no means of confirmation, cancellation and of course no name or phone number I just let it drop & decided to let them contact me properly by post or whatever.

They didn't but it suits me, I have the attestation and wont be making any journeys to Amiens any time soon, the attestation is valid until such time as they complete the procedure and issue me with a Titre de sèjour.

Yes I realised the RIFT survey numbers were not representative but the ratio between the numbers in my departement and the ghetto areas was correct, they will have very few to do in Picardie, I will wait till I read in the paper that Sting and his wife have got theirs (if they even break wind its reported) before complaining of favoritism :lol: