For those who like a bargain

Elizabeth

Re: For those who like a bargain

Post by Elizabeth »

Thanks for that Jackie,as I say I only found out about this as another favourite author texted about it. GiGi it’s worth sticking with it’s dark rather than explicit

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Elizabeth wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:16 am
Thanks for that Jackie,as I say I only found out about this as another favourite author texted about it. GiGi it’s worth sticking with it’s dark rather than explicit

I’ll definitely give it a try, but I have a lot of new books sitting waiting and I keep rereading old favourites too.

I saw that one I’ve recently reread was on offer for £1 - The Art of Hiding by Amanda Prowse as a kindle book. Most of hers are £1.99.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Unfortunately there are a lot of books out there that would be better used for kindling than putting on a Kindle.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:42 pm
Unfortunately there are a lot of books out there that would be better used for kindling than putting on a Kindle.
Really? Surely that's a subjective statement.
As an avid Kindle reader I don't recollect reading anything I'd chosen to read which could descibed as ' better used for kindling than putting on a Kindle'.
Some are obviously better than others but..................

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

whyme? wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:53 pm
FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:42 pm
Really? Surely that's a subjective statement.
As an avid Kindle reader I don't recollect reading anything I'd chosen to read which could descibed as ' better used for kindling than putting on a Kindle'.
Some are obviously better than others but..................
Yes, it's subjective, I don't deny that, as what floats my boat won't necessarily float yours. And it wasn't in any way a go at what's available on Kindle, that was simply playing with the words kindling and Kindle.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

mauve2

Post by mauve2 »

Jackie wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:05 am
If you’re looking for kindle book bargains register with www.bookbub.com. They send out a daily e-mail with 99p book offers. It’s really good.
Also recommend https://uk.ereaderiq.com - add it as an extension to your browser, then from the Amazon page of any Kindle title just instruct EreaderIQ to watch the book, specify the price you want to pay and you'll receive an email when the price drops to the required price.

Various other useful related features at the website, too.

Hereford

Post by Hereford »

Hi
I just use my Kindle (bought and registered in France) like I used a library when stilll in the UK. I chose to pay the 9.99 euros per month so loads and loads of books in English or other languages are available to borrow. Very occasionally I will buy one (at the 99cents level or a bit more) but overwhelmingly I "emprunter" and then return books to Kindle when I have read them. As I read anything from two to four or even five books a week it seems a good way to use the Kindle. We are not tv watchers apart from news or, currently, "Top Chef" on tv6.
We buy actual books too!
Happy reading.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Yes I use kindle unlimited,a couple of times I have gone to buy books and discovered them for ‘free loan’ One I was particularly pleased about as I would have been very annoyed if I had bought it as it was rubbish

Stompie

Post by Stompie »

I only spend more than 99p on a Kindle book on very special occasions. I browse the monthly offers and bookbub. I'll sometimes buy sequels first and keep them until earlier books fit my budget.
I really like posts like this with interesting bargains!

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

I’ve bought a full series of books nearly all out of order buying them on offer and then filling the gaps