Certification of signatures ?

Nifty

Certification of signatures ?

Post by Nifty »

Can anybody tell me why a notaire can authorise of confirm that a a person’s signature and their identity match but a mayor can not?

Catrose

Re: Certification of signatures ?

Post by Catrose »

Because a notaire has professional responsibilities to carry out all sorts of things, and that means if they break the law or lie they would loose their careers etc. Mayors swear to serve their community, and deal with public finances properly etc etc but don’t think they have any more legal responsibility if they certify a signatures than any other human being.

Difference between professionals, who have a duty of care, and administrators - which is all a mayor is really.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Our current Mayor and previous Mayors have signed and certified POA documents for buying and selling property.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Not enough detail from Nifty to answer the question.

I am going to stick my neck out and guess that the request for the verification has come from the UK and that they have translated Public Notary without realising that a Notaire is not the same thing and that in France a Maire is habilité to witness a signature and confirm a persons identity.

ajm

Post by ajm »

When we are asked to prove that we are still alive to UK pensions we get the formed signed and stamped at the town hall - sometimes by the mayors secretary.
If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. Mae West.

exile

Post by exile »

Some banks are insisting that a notarised copy of a passport be sent to them - or alternatively you can just pop into your local branch of the bank with your passport. The cretins do not realise that that might just have a few minor issues for anyone not living in the UK.

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

Thanks for replies.
Catrose answer sums it up well.

LD is about right.

Due to moving, computer crashes and as many other excuses as you like, I have not paid as much attention to my details as I might have.

I find it frustrating that an organisation like a bank will not accept other methods of demonstrating that a person who’s is account holder is who they say they are. For instance, I could relate my banking history since it began, but, I am informed, that is unacceptable.

My wife also had a letter, exactly the same words, saying that her signature did not match.

It it surprising that one’s signature changes over forty or fifty years ?

mysty

Post by mysty »

Nifty wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:38 am
Thanks for replies.
Catrose answer sums it up well.

LD is about right.

Due to moving, computer crashes and as many other excuses as you like, I have not paid as much attention to my details as I might have.

I find it frustrating that an organisation like a bank will not accept other methods of demonstrating that a person who’s is account holder is who they say they are. For instance, I could relate my banking history since it began, but, I am informed, that is unacceptable.

My wife also had a letter, exactly the same words, saying that her signature did not match.

It it surprising that one’s signature changes over forty or fifty years ?
I just spoke with you account manager, stop sending them unrelated youtube links. :lol:
My signature changes day to day. :lol:
But never misspell it.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Nifty

Re: Certification of Members ?

Post by Nifty »

I just spoke with you account manager, stop sending them unrelated youtube links. :lol:
My signature changes day to day. :lol:
But never misspell it.
Everybody knows that incest is best, as any royal family will attest to.