silly offers on sale of chalet

A place to discuss and ask questions on all aspects of selling a property in France.
After the Storm 2

Re: silly offers on sale of chalet

Post by After the Storm 2 »

chaletcat wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:42 pm
I am having enough problems dealing with all the agencies to do with my Husbands death and working out how to get my stuff back to UK with new customs rules and covid let alone try my hand at maths
Chalet is priced at what was calculated for inheritance for one of our neighbours when her husband died in 2019
Thanks to everyone else for their suggestions although when when of them started banging the walls I told him to stop He also said veranda needed replacing although it was the last thing my Husband did last year before he died
People viewing houses can be very strange so I understand how frustrating and annoying it can be. Is there anyone that could possibly show the property for you and be a buffer in between initially or have someone else there with you when it's being shown?
The problem with a revolt against imaginary oppression is that you get imaginary freedom (Fintan O'Toole)

chaletcat

Post by chaletcat »

The last document my Husband was able to sign before he was in hospital for many months and unable to sign anything was a reduction of 10 000 euros We were then prepared to drop another 5000 for a sale making the chalet 45000
Now I am told that I need to drop the price another 12000 euros to 32000 In total a drop of 25000 from the estimates 2 agencies gave less than 12 months ago

Last year we knew we needed a new fosse now they say new roof new windows new flooring funny nothing was said about that last year when my husband was alive
If the chalet was only worth that much why value it at nearly 30000 euros more
Surely the market has not fallen that much
Taking the mickey I think

Catrose

Post by Catrose »

Well if you also got valuations from agencies, as well as notaires IHT estimate, then it sounds as if you are in the right ballpark.

Just stand firm and say you can’t drop further.

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Catrose wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:49 am
Well if you also got valuations from agencies, as well as notaires IHT estimate, then it sounds as if you are in the right ballpark.

Just stand firm and say you can’t drop further.
Prices in some rural parts of France are rising as city dwellers search for a covid free bolt hole. I think Mysty gave good advice, in your circumstances a good agence immobilier is worth considering. You have nothing to loose and it might save you a lot of hassle. Whatever you decide I wish you the very best

alisonc

Post by alisonc »

Hello - can you please tell me where I can find your chalet being advertised ?