Cheque Energie

Water, electricity, gas etc.
Aardvark

Cheque Energie

Post by Aardvark »

A question for those who have experience with this benefit.
My cheque is assigned to our EDF bill and is deducted from the facture automatically. It took a while to figure out how to manage this but it is up and running fine now.
My wife has now received one and seems unable to make use of it. The EDF bill is in my name only so they won't take it. Theoretically our log man should be able to take it but he refuses, saying its too much bother. Can anyone shed any light on how to make use of it? Meanwhile I'm going to butt heads with EDF to see if they will put her name on our electricity bills.

Seems a shame to just bin a cheque worth €48.
Visit historic Barnard Castle. Lockdown day trips now available.

mysty

Re: Cheque Energie

Post by mysty »

It takes two minutes to get your OHs name on the EDF bill.
English helpline is your friend.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Many thanks. The automatic translator function on Chrome doesn't work on the EDF site but I managed to wade through their FAQs and discovered I can add her name online avoiding the usual burning hoops to negotiate. :good:

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Update: Thinking I had cracked the problem I tried to assign the cheque toward paying the EDF bill. The online form asks for the cheque number. Logical. But then it tells me the cheque was for 2019 and is now out of date. OK. I should have noticed the date in the fine print so that's fair. But the whole reason I am trying to address this is because the Mrs. had a recent email telling her that she must use her 2020 cheque before the end of Feb. We didn't receive it here. After spending what seems like hours on their website I found something that implies they sent it to her house in the Charente. We haven't lived there for a few years now and notified everyone including the tax offices. Why on earth would they send last year's cheque to Brittany and this year's to the Charente? And if it was delivered there I would have thought it would have a hard time because I ripped the door off the letterbox to stop it being filled to overflowing with junk mail, etc. Anyway, there are various contact forms on their website for various purposes. I selected "report a loss or stolen" option but didn't get very far because it won't send without a Cheque number. :roll: FFS! And I don't mean French Forum Survivor. We could use the €48 help toward our next EDF bill but I'm feeling its not worth the song and dance to pursue it. Such a shame the reminder email was one of those "ne pas repondre" addresses.