Butane gas bottles problem

exile

Re: Butane gas bottles problem

Post by exile »

I thought all non-breathable gas reducers were left hand thread. Mind you that was a lot of years ago so maybe the rules have chnaged.

Fitter

Post by Fitter »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:54 pm
I'm guessing that if Le-Dolly says his propane regulator is green and that for his butane is red, then he knows what gas he is using. :roll:
You're guessing.
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” ― Mark Twain
"You can't say A causes B if B happens first" - Thomas Sowell

Le-Dolly

Post by Le-Dolly »

Fitter wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:48 pm
Le-Dolly wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:11 pm
Fitter wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:07 am
My personal opinion is that gas bottles, whether butane or propane, should never be allowed to be sited/ stored/used to supply appliances inside houses.
French regs allow only butane cylinders to be used inside as butane is useless in cold conditions, it doesn't develop enough gas pressure from the liquid gas. Propane cylinders must be outside by law.

Change to a propane cylinder with a red 37 millibar regulator - the setting.
This is not necessarily correct, my propane regulators are green and the butane are red.
I suggest that you check the threads and the pressures on those regulators. Propane regulators are always red -marked 28 mbar and the captive nut is left hand thread and will not fit a butane cylinder.

https://www.leroymerlin.fr/produits/cha ... ndeur-gaz/

Firstly I think that maybe you should get your own story straight, you claim that a "propane cylinder with a red 37 millibar regulator" & a "butane regulators are blue/grey/green and are 28 mbar pressure" followed with "Propane regulators are always red -marked 28 mbar".
As you are seemingly having difficulties believing me perhaps a picture or two may equal a thousand words, try this:
P1010582 (2).JPG
or this:
P1010582 (2).JPG
Don't lose any sleep over it, your apologies are accepted :D .
Attachments
P1010581 (2).JPG
Le-Dolly ( . )( . ) www.pink-electrique.fr