Electricity costs

Water, electricity, gas etc.
RobertArthur

Re: Electricity costs

Post by RobertArthur »

JohnnyD, so I can safely assume that your meter and main switch are not up there in the pole, but inside your house. It's a branchement de type 1 (less than 30 meters). This means that the PDL (Point de Livraison) is inside. The local grid and the connection to your house, pole, wiring, meter and disjoncteur de branchement: under the umbrella of the responsibilities of ENEDIS, the NF C 14-100 regs, and to be financed by ENEDIS in case of a rewiring.

Quote from an ENEDIS document:

Le disjoncteur de branchement et le compteur fournis et posés par Enedis sont installés sur votre panneau de
contrôle dans votre gaine technique logement (GTL). Le point de livraison est situé aux bornes de sortie du disjoncteur de branchement.

Not your responsibility in the case of a type 1 connection to the grid.

About the wiring from the grid to your house and the simple click from HQ ENEDIS to change your puissance souscrite thanks to a smart meter: a word of warning by Promotelec. Indeed, food for thought.

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur »

From street level to overall statistics, comparing electricity prices in the EU member states. In 2008 France was 28% below the EU average, in 2019 it was 14%. Tendency: closing the gap with the EU average. Source: Minisitère de la Transition Écologique. This is the complete report, published in June this year.

JohnnyD

Post by JohnnyD »

RobertArthur wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:24 pm
JohnnyD, so I can safely assume that your meter and main switch are not up there in the pole, but inside your house. It's a branchement de type 1 (less than 30 meters). This means that the PDL (Point de Livraison) is inside. The local grid and the connection to your house, pole, wiring, meter and disjoncteur de branchement: under the umbrella of the responsibilities of ENEDIS, the NF C 14-100 regs, and to be financed by ENEDIS in case of a rewiring.

Quote from an ENEDIS document:

Le disjoncteur de branchement et le compteur fournis et posés par Enedis sont installés sur votre panneau de
contrôle dans votre gaine technique logement (GTL). Le point de livraison est situé aux bornes de sortie du disjoncteur de branchement.

Not your responsibility in the case of a type 1 connection to the grid.

About the wiring from the grid to your house and the simple click from HQ ENEDIS to change your puissance souscrite thanks to a smart meter: a word of warning by Promotelec. Indeed, food for thought.
This has always worried me, How do I know the cable from the pole to my meter/breaker is OK for any upgrade, is there anyway I can find out from EDF/Enedis? Or do I just hope it doesn't catch fire :lol:

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur »

JohnnyD, probably you will have met uncle Georg Ohm more than once, this is his picture:

About these 8 meters from pole to your house: probably wired in copper, two of 6 mm². Not too much for the installation électrique of today, where you are supposed to take good note of this, a minimum of 10 mm² for the cher client. Another picture.

Okay, none of your business, but the ENEDIS should in principle (copper is very expensive...) follow the NF C 14-100 regs, their max 2% voltage drop obligation. Where does it bring us? Although not certified by the competent French authorities around 1827, the French engineers in the 21st century accept it as a fact of life, il faut vivre avec les Allemands and some of their laws. There are some quick and easy "calculettes" to be found on many French websites, this is one of them. Input 8 meters of copper, 6 mm², 45 A and you get this, even with 60 A still below the ENEDIS 2% voltage drop limit. Full steam ahead, 24/7? Not very likely, so probably no spectacular fireworks in your garden around Xmas or New Year's Eve.

JohnnyD

Post by JohnnyD »

Tres bon Robert, many thanks, I think it will be safe if I decide to upgrade to 9......not sure if I will yet, do you know how quick it can be changed if I need to?

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur »

JohnnyD, with a LINKY within 24 hours, a traditional meter several weeks or more:

Quote from the website of Kelwatt:

" Le processus de changement de puissance de compteur se déroule de la façon suivante :

Lorsque la demande de changement de puissance aura été effectuée, le fournisseur d'électricité mandate le gestionnaire de réseau Enedis (ex-ERDF). Pour les compteurs autres que Linky, un technicien Enedis viendra sur place pour procéder au changement, nécessitant ainsi la présence du client lors de sa venue : Demande de changement avant le 10 du mois : le technicien interviendra avant le 1er du mois suivant M+1. Demande de changement après le 10 du mois : le technicien procédera aux travaux avant le 1er du mois d'après M+2.
Pour les compteurs Linky, le changement de puissance se fait à distance sous 24h. De ce fait, le coût est moindre que l'intervention d'un technicien. L'intervention du technicien sera facturée par Enedis au fournisseur qui répercutera sur le montant de la facture du client."

Prices:

Smart meter LINKY: 3.71 € TTC

Other meters/disjoncteur de branchement: about 36.80 € TTC

JohnnyD

Post by JohnnyD »

RobertArthur wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:41 pm
JohnnyD, with a LINKY within 24 hours, a traditional meter several weeks or more:

Quote from the website of Kelwatt:

" Le processus de changement de puissance de compteur se déroule de la façon suivante :

Lorsque la demande de changement de puissance aura été effectuée, le fournisseur d'électricité mandate le gestionnaire de réseau Enedis (ex-ERDF). Pour les compteurs autres que Linky, un technicien Enedis viendra sur place pour procéder au changement, nécessitant ainsi la présence du client lors de sa venue : Demande de changement avant le 10 du mois : le technicien interviendra avant le 1er du mois suivant M+1. Demande de changement après le 10 du mois : le technicien procédera aux travaux avant le 1er du mois d'après M+2.
Pour les compteurs Linky, le changement de puissance se fait à distance sous 24h. De ce fait, le coût est moindre que l'intervention d'un technicien. L'intervention du technicien sera facturée par Enedis au fournisseur qui répercutera sur le montant de la facture du client."

Prices:

Smart meter LINKY: 3.71 € TTC

Other meters/disjoncteur de branchement: about 36.80 € TTC
With that timescale it makes sense for me just to leave it at 6Kva and upgrade if I need to.....

Many thanks Robert