Paper clips?

Welcome to our new forum! It's all new and put together by volunteers, any helpful comments to make it better are welcome.
Veem

Re: Paper clips?

Post by Veem »

suein56 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:03 pm
The red paperclip to the left of the name of the poster is to denote an unread post .. once the post is read and the page refreshed then the colour changes from red to grey.
But does it also denote an attachment? Not all my unread posts have a paperclip either red or grey.

Lapourtaider

Post by Lapourtaider »

Stompie wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:55 pm
I don't see any paperclips. Am I missing something? Or is it just because I'm on my phone?
I need to qualify my original reply. You can't see them on the phone if you look at the forum as I do in portrait mode. Last night I had a moment and turned my phone to landscape and voila, up popped the paper clips!

Lapourtaider

Post by Lapourtaider »

suein56 wrote:
The red paperclip to the left of the name of the poster is to denote an unread post .. once the post is read and the page refreshed then the colour changes from red to grey.
The paper clip isn't red when there are unread posts, it's still grey. There is a red page with a turned corner that denotes unread posts, that disappears when that post has been read, along with other bits that turn grey.

Lapourtaider

Post by Lapourtaider »

Screenshot_20201108-084641_Chrome.jpg
For example

Stompie

Post by Stompie »

Lapourtaider wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:48 am
Stompie wrote:
I don't see any paperclips. Am I missing something? Or is it just because I'm on my phone?
I need to qualify my original reply. You can't see them on the phone if you look at the forum as I do in portrait mode. Last night I had a moment and turned my phone to landscape and voila, up popped the paper clips!
Not on mine, possibly an android/iPhone thing? It's not something I'm going to lose any sleep over though!

Lapourtaider

Post by Lapourtaider »

Stompie wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:13 am
Lapourtaider wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:48 am
Stompie wrote:
Not on mine, possibly an android/iPhone thing? It's not something I'm going to lose any sleep over though!
Mine is Android. Didn't know there was another option other than android or iphone. I use chrome browser to look at the forum on my phone, probably sonething related to what you use to look at the forum on your phone. Sleep well!

suein56

Post by suein56 »

Lapourtaider wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:53 am
suein56 wrote:
The paper clip isn't red when there are unread posts, it's still grey. There is a red page with a turned corner that denotes unread posts, that disappears when that post has been read, along with other bits that turn grey.
You are entirely right 😊 .. I was confusing paperclips with the unread/read notification.
I am on an Android tablet and I can't see any paperclips at all .. no matter which way I rotate my tablet.
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

b33jay

Post by b33jay »

Lapourtaider wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:29 am

Mine is Android. Didn't know there was another option other than android or iphone.

Symbian (Nokia) and KaiOS (latest phone OS)