Very confused - Please help

A place to discuss and ask questions about moving to France.
Or moving from one region of France to another
clothmama

Re: Very confused - Please help

Post by clothmama »

Catrose wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:49 pm

You also need to recognise that you will have to fill in a tax return for the period from when you arrive to 31st December, which will be all you have to renew your CdS at the end of next year. Although it looks as if the French are being lenient about what is required initially to get a carte de séjour I wouldn’t be too complacent about keeping one unless you have other income sources for 2021.
This is not correct. All she needs is proof of arrival before the 31/12 (rent / house purchase / EDF / attestation from the mayor if worried). All applicants that have not been here for 5 years but arrive before the 31/12 will be issued a 5 year residency permit so plenty of time to get everything sorted. It is really easy, they are making it easy, they are being hugely undemanding and people need to be happy and calm as it is a very easy process even for those not yet here.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Catrose wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:23 pm

Ok, I mixed up the figures. So you are saying that someone can arrive in France with very little income and get free health cover straight away? I think not!
That was what I was saying I would do were I in the persons shoes, I should however have said P.U.M.A. instead of C.S.S., you have to have the former before the latter. I should also have said apply after 3 months but I'm sure many will simply write on the form that they arrived 3 months before they did

Neither discriminate between new arrivals or people who have been here for years nor have a minimum income, in fact quite the opposite for the C.S.S.

P.U.M.A.

Pour les personnes sans activité professionnelle, elles bénéficient de la prise en charge de leurs frais de santé au seul titre de leur résidence stable et régulière en France, à savoir résider en France depuis au moins 3 mois à l’ouverture des droits puis au moins 6 mois par an.

Having gone through the procedure its very simple, form Cerfa 15763, simply name, address, phone number etc, the date I arrived in France and a photocopy of my passport

lindal1000

Post by lindal1000 »

JohnnyD wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:37 pm
I’m enjoying this thread even though the OP seems gone, but it’s useful for me, I am thinking of setting up a ME and using it to earn money immediately on arrival, the work will be coming from the U.K. and invoiced from the U.K.
That might work. If you decide to do this, given that you will be up against it time wise..I would suggest using a someone to help you set it up.

elvina

Post by elvina »

Hi All Many thanks for all the replies which I have been taking in. We speak some French but not a lot, understand more, but we fully intend to take lessons as soon as we arrive. We have put savings aside to live for about a year and a half without income. We are already in conversation with architects and builders although we will be doing most of the work ourselves. Thanks very much. Elvina

Catrose

Post by Catrose »

clothmama wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:45 pm
Catrose wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:49 pm

You also need to recognise that you will have to fill in a tax return for the period from when you arrive to 31st December, which will be all you have to renew your CdS at the end of next year. Although it looks as if the French are being lenient about what is required initially to get a carte de séjour I wouldn’t be too complacent about keeping one unless you have other income sources for 2021.
This is not correct. All she needs is proof of arrival before the 31/12 (rent / house purchase / EDF / attestation from the mayor if worried). All applicants that have not been here for 5 years but arrive before the 31/12 will be issued a 5 year residency permit so plenty of time to get everything sorted. It is really easy, they are making it easy, they are being hugely undemanding and people need to be happy and calm as it is a very easy process even for those not yet here.
Yes they are being very positive about this stage, and I hadn't recognised that they are going to give out 5 year cards straight away which is amazing! But I’m a bit of a cynic, and if I were in that position I would want to be very careful to amass the proof of having lived here legally for each of those 5 years. So tax return for 2020 is something I would want to make sure I do even if it’s 0.

elvina

Post by elvina »

The French site for residency application opened yesterday and it would appear that they are asking for less than I thought that they might do. Best wishes and thanks to all.