CV19 testing in my village!

New section for any information or discussion about it.
Le Démerdeur

CV19 testing in my village!

Post by Le Démerdeur »

It was only a question of time, I had heard whispers for a long time that many of the employees at the Airbus factory opposite me had been tested positive and many more coéquipières had been sent home to quarantine (= hang out drinking at the picket line barbecues passing it on to the others) finally after 16 were tested positive on Saturday alone the ARS had to respond.

There are probably only 800 effectives left (not) working in the factory after all the contract staff were fired and the office staff either on chômage partiel or télétravail so 16 in one day could not be ignored.

They are testing in the salle polyvalente but giving priority to the workers and their families and tomorrow a bigger operation will take place in the local town, the second time they have done so there.

In Amiens the medical students were tested, 300 out of 500 submitted themselves, 33 were positive and now all 500 have been made to quarantine at home, but what of their families under the same roof?

exile

Re: CV19 testing in my village!

Post by exile »

"but what of their families under the same roof?"

I think the rules are that they are deemed as non-infected until/unless the person in isolation tests positive.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Yes, that makes sense, lets hope they take it seriously and do all they can to protect their family and the wider public from them during that time.

From what I see around me there is little hope of that.

Plog

Post by Plog »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:03 pm
In Amiens the medical students were tested, 300 out of 500 submitted themselves, 33 were positive and now all 500 have been made to quarantine at home, but what of their families under the same roof?
There are signs higher education in general is going to be in quite a mess before very long..it will be interesting to see if any action is taken at a national level before the Facs start up...

https://www.20minutes.fr/societe/28619 ... sponsables

Edit to add: Just heard the above establishment has opted to move to 100% on line teaching with immediate effect and at least until the end of the month.

( I'm not convinced Uk unis will fare any better, but will we hear about it?)