More broken ribs

Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
exile

Re: More broken ribs

Post by exile »

Catrose wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:46 am
There should be opticians underground as anyone who thinks going into small dark holes that could collapse on you is a fun thing to do need their eyes tested...and their brains...IMHO

Sorry to go OT but I cannot let that jibe pass.

Most caves are hundreds of thousands of years old. The chances of anything collapsing on you are very small.
Most buildings are at best a few hundred years old and one of the first things to fail is often the roof. Yet we all happily live in buildings.

manonthemoon

Post by manonthemoon »

Thanks all, a few days on and I'm still in great pain. Have had to sleep in a sitting position. The bruises would put Banksy to shame :lol:

I think the popping sensation is as bad as the pain.

Thanks JSKS for correcting my typo

jsks

Post by jsks »

If your breathing is limited by pain in the injury site, that's to be expected. However, if your breathing is limited because you can't draw in the air or you get chest or upper back pain other than in the injury site you need to get yourself checked out

Catrose

Post by Catrose »

exile wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:00 am
Sorry to go OT but I cannot let that jibe pass.

Most caves are hundreds of thousands of years old. The chances of anything collapsing on you are very small.
Most buildings are at best a few hundred years old and one of the first things to fail is often the roof. Yet we all happily live in buildings.
Well I used to worry about our roof before we got the main beams replaced....🙃

I take your point, and I am comfortable in caves, but squeezing down tiny potholes is just plain scary! Sitting in my kitchen feels much more comfortable even tho’ many more kitchen accidents. Perception of risk is often what counts not absolute risk.

Mrs Archy

Post by Mrs Archy »

oh la la hope you are better soon. Back in the UK just before we came over here we'd put our place up for sale. We knew one bedroom needed a quick coat of paint to freshen it up. We had a call to say there was a viewing booked so the night before once home from work out came the paint and the room looked like a fresh lemon! Next day before the viewing I wandered into the bedroom to have look and to my horror the lining paper was beginning to peel down from the top in a couple of places. Now in a panic with not much time to spare and not having any wallpaper glue to hand I quickly grabbed some double sided sellotape. I then grabbed a recently bought dining chair from a friend to stand on (some friend but if you're not bored by now read on!) Whilst taping the last bit right at the top touching the coving the chair frame gave way. I fell onto the window sill and then I ended up in a heap on the floor! I just managed to get myself up and together when the knock on the door came. I told them that I'd just tripped over the cat and landed on the chair :lol: Oooh I had very bruised ribs and that was painful for weeks but not broken so I do feel for you.
‘The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows’

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

I had a skiing accident which broke a couple of my ribs & well remember the French doctor at the resort, on discovering I was 40 musing, " Oh yes, at that age they do tend to break & not bend".
Still remember sitting on a chair to put my trousers on & then hauling myself upright on the adjacent door to pull 'em up.
Played hell with my ability to contribute fully to the apres ski nonsense but with typical British stoicism I did my best. :)