Horse owners - beware

clothmama

Re: Horse owners - beware

Post by clothmama »

Stompie wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:14 pm
Some of them must have a bit of knowledge. Having said that many horses I know would approach anyone to see if they had a Polo.

Another article from France Bleu Perigord this evening reporting suspicious people in a field near Corgnac sur l'Isle over the weekend and a horse with an odd injury. Worrying.
Oh no! I have to look it up but we are fairly close to the Isle and I pass so may horses nearby

Stompie

Post by Stompie »

It's a good bit further north. I hadn't realised just quite how long L'Isle was! Corgnac is about half an hour from us.

clothmama

Post by clothmama »

Stompie wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:56 am
It's a good bit further north. I hadn't realised just quite how long L'Isle was! Corgnac is about half an hour from us.
Wow I hadn't realised either! Well over an hour north of us!

Fitter

Post by Fitter »

Some comments on these injuries to horses from a vet at Nantes veterinary school who is responsible for equine emergencies at the school's clinic.
Probably doesn't tell you much that you don't already know but valuable nonetheless.

https://www.letelegramme.fr/france/chev ... 617144.php
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” ― Mark Twain

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

The attacks continue in my area, one reported pretty much every day, finally on Sunday one was recorded by 4 CCTV cameras, 2 individuals in the first vehicle tried to cut through the gate padlock without success then another voiture bélier arrived with 2 more wrong'uns, there was a horse and a donkey in the field, the horse evaded them and they cut a section off the donkeys tail.

I doubt that you can access the Courrier Picard article so try google.fr'ing "ânesse mutilée Margny-sur-Matz"

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

It sounds to me like there are definitely some copy cat crimes occurring, I would think that the ‘less ‘ severe ones are the copies

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Most of the ones that have been reported around here have sounded like local idiots at play or possibly règlement des comptes, lets hope that Darwin comes into play and one or more of them get kicked to death in the confines of a box.

Veem

Post by Veem »

The use of drones to case properties for/with horses is not uncommon prior to these recent attacks. A large horse stud not far from us evidently had 5 drones flying overhead last week.

Keep your ears and eyes open for drones in your area.

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Veem wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:51 pm
The use of drones to case properties for/with horses is not uncommon prior to these recent attacks. A large horse stud not far from us evidently had 5 drones flying overhead last week.

I'll be manning the ack-ack post with a few of the local chasse.

Veem

Post by Veem »

whyme? wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:19 pm
Veem wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:51 pm

I'll be manning the ack-ack post with a few of the local chasse.
Staff at the stud evidently tried to shoot the drones down, but didn't manage to. Let's hope your chasseurs are more skilled.