Acte de Vente signing...proving tricky !

A place to discuss and ask questions on all aspects of selling a property in France.
mysty

Re: Acte de Vente signing...proving tricky !

Post by mysty »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:52 pm
mysty wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:36 pm
FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:09 pm
I may be wrong, but I think the Acte de Vente is more binding than the Compromis, so the Notaire is legally obliged to see a physical person signing the documents in front of him/her. More information here: https://reassurez-moi.fr/guide/immobili ... tion-vente
You can do the complete sale remotly you do not even need to be in France.
With Covid if the notaire has Docusign it's all done online.
No one needs to go near their office.
Here's the Decréé covering that: https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTe ... rieLien=id, but it says, "Jusqu'à l'expiration d'un délai d'un mois à compter de la date de cessation de l'état d'urgence sanitaire", and that month is now past.
I have no idea how many sales we have had but years ago it was over 450.
We have sold houses as far away to people from Finland to Namibia, many buy as investments and have never been to view the property or been near the notaires office.
No one needs to go to a notaires it's possible to complete any property transaction in France by power of attorney or electronically.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

I don't doubt your experience at all, Mysty, I was simply pointing out that in the current circumstances, when you said, "With Covid if the notaire has Docusign it's all done online", the law to allow that is no longer in effect. Procuration is still and always has been possible.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

After the Storm 2

Post by After the Storm 2 »

All Docusign is is just another means of sending documents and contracts to be signed and the world of property transactions will not take a backward step here I don't think, at least I hope not. We have one compromis via Docusign in our inbox to be reviewed and signed and another compromis due to be sent this week from the notaire that is up to date (plenty aren't/weren't) so will find out if they are still using that format and let you know. Before covid, it was emailed for the person to print out and sign and then post back like something out of the dark ages. But it could never be used for signing the final contract as such but the procuration would be sent via Docusign to sign (just making that bit a little clearer).