The Right To Hate - Please Discuss.....🤔

A place to discuss politics, news and current affairs. Remember the rules and stay polite.
mysty

Re: The Right To Hate - Please Discuss.....🤔

Post by mysty »

Timoth wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:18 pm
The guy look for a scapegoat to explain why his little world has moved on, gone away, however much he bleats about everything else. Unfortunately when ever major change happens some,folk, usually the oldest are left behind, example that springs to mind is the miners.
He has the right to his voice but it can never be any more than a sad bleat,

I thought that, I thought I might have to go back and listen to it again after reading some of the comments.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Jackie

Post by Jackie »

Perhaps he feels his right to hate is one of the few forms of control he has over his life.

Unfortunately he doesn’t get that being persuaded into hating groups of people you’ve never met is a way of being controlled by others for their own agendas.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

He is actually a comedian,it’s all a lot more complex than at first glance

Loup-garou

Post by Loup-garou »

Perhaps if we look at it more as "The Right To Blame" it makes more sense?

Throughout history the population has been told "it's their fault", "look what they have done/caused" or just "you can never trust ....". The current climate is just the same - a blame culture and seeing yourself as the victim. Do not misunderstand me, there are genuine victims of happenstance (particularly currently because of CV 19) who need helping but I believe there are many, many more who see themselves as victims than there are actual victims.

I am clear that I find myself where I am because of the decisions I have made, the choices and risks I have taken or not taken. In short, my life is my fault and I must live with it and make the best of it because it is, for the most part, the consequence of my actions. I repeat the caveat that, sometimes things happen to you which are beyond your control - but that's not a whole life thing. Nonetheless, I feel some guilt at the a sense of Schadenfreude discussing this.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

He never actually says he feels that way, what he is arguing for is his right to feel that way if he so wishes

Timoth

Post by Timoth »

Yes, Elizabeth, true. Well, if he wants to feel like that, he can, but because hating toads one does not give the right to go stamping on them Or trying to get others to do so.

PatF

Post by PatF »

I partly understand his point of view (apart from the right to hate - that's a waste of time. Just like giving up.)
Having grown up in a coalmining town, many friends from miners' families, regular tragedies and loss of life. I used to think when they came up from the pit covered in coal dust they were also black slaves.
Instead of just hating keep on trying to do something about it. Though in England I think the landowning/moneyed classes still have a firm grip onto their position.

Catrose

Post by Catrose »

Dull...never got to the end.

curtis

Post by curtis »

I listened to a bit but really couldn't be bothered to exercize my brain over it. I do wonder at some of the posts like this which seem to raise people's blood pressure and at the end don't achieve much. Apart from Simonflys leaving the forum (why?)
I don't have a head in the sand attitude but I refuse to get wound up over things on which I have no influence.
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Simon is always off but comes back again. :P
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience