Rats, might be a good idea to keep the toilet seat down

A place for some light-hearted chat.
mysty

Rats, might be a good idea to keep the toilet seat down

Post by mysty »

Rats, they can get into your house by swimming up the toilet pipe. Probably harder to do if your not on mains drainage. With lockdown and resturaunts shut they are hungry.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11997491/ ... lets-food/
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Nifty

Re: Rats, might be a good idea to keep the toilet seat down

Post by Nifty »

mysty wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:46 am
Rats, they can get into your house by swimming up the toilet pipe. Probably harder to do if your not on mains drainage. With lockdown and resturaunts shut they are hungry.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11997491/ ... lets-food/
They got into Westminster without too much trouble.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Years ago, after what turned out to be my father’s last visit to our home before he died at a good age, he told me on the phone on his return home that he had enjoyed his visit and had 3 favourite memories. One had been seeing our sons taking part in their scout regatta, especially when their home-made raft started sinking and they had to swim to the river bank, visiting the tip with us and seeing all the good stuff that people were throwing away and watching a tv programme about rat catchers, especially the part when a rat popped up the toilet pan.

I had to laugh at his choices, as I had such a good memories of him sitting chuckling at our sons in the Thames, being amazed at people throwing such useful items away at the tip (actually my then headteacher at the time and a friend had rights over everything at the tip and collected vast amounts of goods and repurposed and sold them on) and laughing so much at the rat popping up the toilet pan.

The rat programme had horrified me, but he had seen them in huge numbers down at Sunderland docks throughout his working life life and on the allotments before we had moved to a brand new council house with a garden, so he just found the tv programme amusing - especially the rat suddenly popping its head up. I still smile at those memories, especially the rat one.

manonthemoon

Post by manonthemoon »

A good tale (or tail) GG.

My fear as a youngish/bordering a teenager was a hand coming up out of the toilet.

I wouldn't sit on the toilet for a while 🤣

Mrs Archy

Post by Mrs Archy »

hasn't reached the bathroom yet :lol:
‘The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows’