Hot off the press, the official online site to apply for Titre de séjour has just opened

A place to post factual information so people can quickly find any important information that they might need. Experiences of getting a carte de sejour or residency etc.
- NOT FOR GENERAL CHAT
Le Démerdeur

Re: Hot off the press, the official online site to apply for Titre de séjour has just opened

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Really happy that the pages for British subjects could also be selected in French, much less headspace needed to understand.

You would be hard pushed to criticise them for a single thing throughout their handling of the affair.

bluebird

Re: Hot off the press, the official online site to apply for Titre de séjour has just opened

Post by bluebird »

Cutting it a bit fine, what with transition period ending December 31st

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

We have until July 2020 to get a carte de residente which they will probably also put back if they fall behind and even if someone doesn't whats the worst that could happen?

Non EU nationals have lived here for decades in irregularity, maybe when they need to go into full time care they might be Windrushed but other than that they are left alone.

Fitter

Post by Fitter »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:27 pm
We have until July 2020 to get a carte de residente which they will probably also put back if they fall behind and even if someone doesn't whats the worst that could happen?

Non EU nationals have lived here for decades in irregularity, maybe when they need to go into full time care they might be Windrushed but other than that they are left alone.
Every British citizen living in France has to apply for a new residence status and a new carte de séjour under the Withdrawal Agreement (WA).

This applies whether you have a current carte de séjour or whether you don't have a carte de séjour at all.

You will have until 30 June 2021 to do this. This is a very important deadline so please note it in your diaries - if you don't make your application by this date you may not be covered by the WA at all.

Applications will be made on a new online application platform that will be launched on 1 October 2020. This has been delayed from the promised July 2020 date because of Covid-19. You'll need to complete the form, and upload the documents that you're asked for according to your situation. Your application form and documents will be passed to your local préfecture, which will deal with your application. As your new card will be biometric you'll then be asked to visit your préfecture for fingerprinting.
There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Whilst I dont disagree with your sentiments and I hope that for once I will actually get to do this thing before time (still havn't done my impôts declaration) I have yet to experience a procedure in France that cannot be done retrospectively without penalty despite the penalties being there.

Why do you say that someone might not be covered by the withdrawal agreement (if they are late applying) and what do you believe would be the result of that were it so?

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Fitter wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:31 pm
Le Démerdeur wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:27 pm

Every British citizen living in France has to apply for a new residence status and a new carte de séjour under the Withdrawal Agreement (WA).

This applies whether you have a current carte de séjour or whether you don't have a carte de séjour at all.

You will have until 30 June 2021 to do this. This is a very important deadline so please note it in your diaries - if you don't make your application by this date you may not be covered by the WA at all.

Applications will be made on a new online application platform that will be launched on 1 October 2020. This has been delayed from the promised July 2020 date because of Covid-19. You'll need to complete the form, and upload the documents that you're asked for according to your situation. Your application form and documents will be passed to your local préfecture, which will deal with your application. As your new card will be biometric you'll then be asked to visit your préfecture for fingerprinting.
Fitter, yet again you are quoting some other site as if it's you writing; use quotation marks and give us a link, please.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Oh dear, I recognise the syntax now 😦

Loup-garou

Post by Loup-garou »

Syntax! Damn, I didn't spot that box on my déclaration fiscale française. :oops: