Travel restrictions

New section for any information or discussion about it.
CHIPPY

Re: Travel restrictions

Post by CHIPPY »

Yes, I do appreciate the delay in cases Exile. We have been very good here, only shopping every 2 weeks with masks and sanitisers since March but I do believe it is on the wane now and so will take my chances safely. I am not in a vunerable group through age or health. It will be interesting to see if there are any hotspots after all that cheek to cheek marching and raves at the weekends in a few weeks. Nowhere near I am going thankfully.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

And exile's simple explanation, folks, is why we need to remember that the virus has not gone away and why we should continue to respect social distancing, masks in enclosed spaces, and hand-washing.

Chippy, you may not be going anywhere near where the raves and marching were, but you have no idea if people who were there have now returned to the places that you will be going to.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

exile

Post by exile »

CHIPPY wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:28 pm
Yes, I do appreciate the delay in cases Exile. We have been very good here, only shopping every 2 weeks with masks and sanitisers since March but I do believe it is on the wane now and so will take my chances safely. I am not in a vunerable group through age or health. It will be interesting to see if there are any hotspots after all that cheek to cheek marching and raves at the weekends in a few weeks. Nowhere near I am going thankfully.
Rather than on the wane, I prefer to use under control.

You have seen from my example that the impact take 6 weeks plus to show their effect. So the control we see today is the results of what we were doing 6 weeks ago - just about to come out of lock down.

Th next few weeks will be interesting. If there is a kick up in cases everyone will blame it on opening borders and holidays but the reality will be releasing lock down.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I think the most significant factor is when the lockdown is released, how it is released (slowly and progressively with clear unambiguous rules) and how the public comport themselves with the new liberty.

Putting it diplomatically there is somewhat of a difference each side of the channel.

I need to go to the UK as a matter of urgency but as each day passes, as France gets more and more control of the epedemic and the UK becomes more & more n'importe-quoi the more i put off the trip.

In my departenent they are doing lots of voluntary testing, 0.3% of those tested are infected and there is between zero and 4 deaths per week across the whole departement including EPHADs. When one schoolchild tests positive the whole school is closed down for a minimum of 14 days and all the kids tested before returning, the same would happen in a close workplace.

SP1DER

Post by SP1DER »

We seem to be doing well here in the Charente

Hospitalisés : 4 (dont 0 nouv.)
En réanimation : 1 (dont 0 nouv.)
Renvoyés à dom. : 55 (dont 0 nouv.)
Décès : 13 (dont 0 nouv.)

But I can't seem to find similar figures for regions of the UK. apart from the "official" which only gives number of cases:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/#catego ... s&map=rate

Plog

Post by Plog »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:35 pm
I think the most significant factor is when the lockdown is released, how it is released (slowly and progressively with clear unambiguous rules) and how the public comport themselves with the new liberty.

Putting it diplomatically there is somewhat of a difference each side of the channel.
Indeed, as demonstrated this morning by the outrage being expressed by many that the UK has resorted to a local "lockdown" ... apparently very unfair..

Of course nobody is actually expecting the Leicester lockdown to be meaningfully enforced in any way shape or form - I'm sure the many residents of Leicester will find pubs in Nottingham or Coventry to drink in on Saturday night.

exile

Post by exile »

Those would be the ones that have not upped sticks and moved to stay with relatives elsewhere in the country.