Re: Enola is coming to stay....

Post by suein56 »

You are getting there .. both of you 😉
She is making excellent progress and you seem to be doing well too 😊
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

Veem

Post by Veem »

Sorry to hear you have been unwell. In the present climate, it must be incredibly scary to think you might have CV19 symptoms.

Petit a petit though, as you say - or baby steps. She was perhaps full of pent up energy if you haven't been able to walk for a couple of days. I don't think you've said how old she is. You did say she'd been used to going for walks tied to her previous owner's bicycle, so perhaps she hasn't had much time off lead at all and it's blowing her brain!

You've both made huge progress, considering this is only the 18th day she's been with you.

Hoping your next walk gives you something good to tell us all.

Flaneur

Post by Flaneur »

Chin up, Spardo (in case you're still a bit down): there are loads of people here rooting for you and Enola and Tosca!
Same old nonsense.

limousinlady

Post by limousinlady »

Flaneur wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:58 pm
Chin up, Spardo (in case you're still a bit down): there are loads of people here rooting for you and Enola and Tosca!
Definitely! & Fran

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Once again, a big thank you to you all. And to your query about her age Veem, she was born in April last year so that makes her about 14 months. I have never had a dog this young before, apart from the Christmas puppy when I was about 9 or 10 I suppose, and she is a revelation to me. Apart from the occasional setbacks, mainly my fault for over estimating her capabilities and speed of learning, it has been great fun.

Tomorrow, we start on the new regime which was largely successful today, one dog at a time. And perhaps some more tasty treats than the Cantal Jeune and occasional ham rind that she has been getting.

One lousy job is now finished. Because of Tosca's liver problem which means only white meat, they both get either sardines or chicken. Last week I bought several tins of sardines in olive oil with pimentos by mistake and realising the hot chillies (I dipped a finger in to check the strength. WOW!) were not suitable for them I have been rooting out the fish and washing them clean of all else. Eurgh! Last tin was today :good: and I will make sure it is tomato sauce or tournesol in future. ;) :roll:

Flaneur

Post by Flaneur »

I think you need to set up a Zoom call, Spardo!
Same old nonsense.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Flaneur wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:20 pm
I think you need to set up a Zoom call, Spardo!
Get a hold of yourself, I've only just mastered Skype, and that every 2 weeks or so and only to my son. :roll:

Anyway, I've seen how she rushes around on her own, I'm not letting her loose on the laptop. :lol:

Flaneur

Post by Flaneur »

Spardo wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:33 pm

Anyway, I've seen how she rushes around on her own, I'm not letting her loose on the laptop. :lol:
Fair enough - Timmy strolls across the keyboard and all of a sudden everything is upside down, full-screen and I have no idea how to fix it!
Same old nonsense.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Second day of one to one. As Tosca was resting in her cage and did not seem fussed about stirring I took Enola to the field first. Ran and jumped as before, perhaps not quite so energetic, but still quicker than anything before, my dear Lira the Greyhound excepted. I do wonder if there isn't something of that in the mix, Beauceronne, Dobermann, Levrier too perhaps? She has the body, deep chest and very slender waist of Lira, though unlike her I can't quite get my 2 hands to touch all the way round, and also those long legs.

Anyway, there was no disappearing into the woods today, and no expedition to J-L's cat feeding station. She stopped and returned at each whistle and, walking the square was notably improved. Even did it for a time without the lead attached. So, improvement.

Downside? Still can't get her to 'stay' when I have to leave. I have to be a bit agile, more than I am used to, to get out through the door alone. But that is for another day.

And, she totally destroyed the heavy velvet curtain which acts as a dogflap at the patio door, to allow them free to come and go as they please. I know it was not destructive behaviour, it was accidental colateral damage as a result of her desperate scrabbling at the door. I have another one which I can transfer but I will have to make sure it is raised and secured out of reach in future.

Veem

Post by Veem »

A positive day then? Apart from a shredded bit of velvet.

:good: :good: :good: