Linky question

Water, electricity, gas etc.
Stompie

Re: Linky question

Post by Stompie »

Spardo wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:32 pm
Just got an email from Enedis to say that they would contact me by phone to agree an installation date. Best of luck with that then, we don't answer the phone, especially since the spammers went back to work after lockdown.

Can't reply to a no-reply email so I looked for another way, other than the number they provided, the only option was to make contact via a chat line for the hard of hearing and deaf. No reply. :roll:

They have already sent me an email, what's wrong with making the appointment the same way? The same way that EDF always contact me.
We had a letter saying the local contractors would be in touch but heard nothing - we never answer the phone but no messages were left. Eventually another letter arrived saying the installation was obligatory and telling me I must phone to make an appointment.
The guy who came to fit the Linky was really pleasant. He arrived early, for which he apologised, and the work was done in about half an hour.
The Linky is managing to send readings but I still can't access the information on the app.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Stompie wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:16 am
Spardo wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:32 pm
Just got an email from Enedis to say that they would contact me by phone to agree an installation date. Best of luck with that then, we don't answer the phone, especially since the spammers went back to work after lockdown.

Can't reply to a no-reply email so I looked for another way, other than the number they provided, the only option was to make contact via a chat line for the hard of hearing and deaf. No reply. :roll:

They have already sent me an email, what's wrong with making the appointment the same way? The same way that EDF always contact me.
We had a letter saying the local contractors would be in touch but heard nothing - we never answer the phone but no messages were left. Eventually another letter arrived saying the installation was obligatory and telling me I must phone to make an appointment.
The guy who came to fit the Linky was really pleasant. He arrived early, for which he apologised, and the work was done in about half an hour.
The Linky is managing to send readings but I still can't access the information on the app.
Is that the only way you can know your consumption? What about all of us who don't have smartphones? I take my readings and keep a record every Sunday morning. This is very bad news for me.

elsie

Post by elsie »

The Linky has a display so you can get all the reading you want, and more, from it with a few button pushes.
You will also be able to see the data on your computer. A smartphone isn't the only way.

Stompie

Post by Stompie »

As Elsie says the meter has a display so you can see the reading in the traditional way. I had been looking forward to the detailed information hour by hour.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

elsie wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:23 am
The Linky has a display so you can get all the reading you want, and more, from it with a few button pushes.
You will also be able to see the data on your computer. A smartphone isn't the only way.
That's a relief then. Thank you. ;) :)

Ally

Post by Ally »

My Linky doesn't transmit my consumption. I discovered that about 6 or seven months ago when I received a text, telling me to go to the enedis(?) site to learn how to resolve the situation. Since there was no hourly rate mentioned, I didn't bother. Cheeky monkeys. Send a letter and arrange an appointment for a technician.
Gone to better place, which, quite frankly, could be anywhere.