Linky question

Water, electricity, gas etc.
Stompie

Linky question

Post by Stompie »

For those of you with a Linky, how long did it take for your consumption to be visible on the EDF et Moi app?
Our Linky was fitted at the end of February but I still can't access the details.

Le Démerdeur

Re: Linky question

Post by Le Démerdeur »

The enswer is probably another question "how long is a piece of string?"

The compteur linkies only communicate as far as the local poste de transformation that feeds your property, Enedis need to fit a concentrateur Linky (I think thats the name) there to decode the data but it cannot go any further until they fit another cabinet connected to another usually huge and ugly 3G antenne outside which dwarfs the building.

During these works, the former not the latter, they need to cut the electricity to all the properties served and you will get a written notification, its a 15 minute window and mine cut off to the exact second, it was the only power cut I have had in 15 years bar one short one that automatically reset.

When you get the letter & the work has been done then you should soon be able to see your données but not before the 3g comms is set up, keep an eye open for the antenne appearing.

They are probably not working at present.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Do they put up an ugly antenna even if you don't have a smart phone. :o

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

The antennes are for them to upload the data from the concentrateurs in the poste de transformations, before the data was sent by a dedicated phone line, they are not for sending your consumption to an app on your smartphone.

They are - kin ugly but in town and/or close to a 4g antenne they can probably get away with an internal one.

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur »

@ Spardo: only one ugly antenna, not close to your front door, see the pictures in this document. The runway is hardwired (the local grid) and then after a while ready for take off direction ENEDIS headquarters.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Its bloody close to my front door but thats the price you pay for (dis)location (dis)location (dis)location :(

Neighbour lost the pinion from his Alligator tree lopper whilst trimming his hedge, he got a pal round with a metal detector and it was shrieking all the time within a 25m radius of the substation, completely swamped by RF leakage and that was before the Linky antenne. I am sat in my kitchen maybe 7 metres away from the transfo, my bedroom maybe 1Om away.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Just got an email from Enedis to say that they would contact me by phone to agree an installation date. Best of luck with that then, we don't answer the phone, especially since the spammers went back to work after lockdown.

Can't reply to a no-reply email so I looked for another way, other than the number they provided, the only option was to make contact via a chat line for the hard of hearing and deaf. No reply. :roll:

They have already sent me an email, what's wrong with making the appointment the same way? The same way that EDF always contact me.

Timoth

Post by Timoth »

Email giving the date and broad time then a ring on the door by a guy just to inform me that it would be done in the next hour and that there would be a power cut of about 15 mins. All done and dusted.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Timoth wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:11 pm
Email giving the date and broad time then a ring on the door by a guy just to inform me that it would be done in the next hour and that there would be a power cut of about 15 mins. All done and dusted.

Well let's hope that they do email me, despite not offering that option. otherwise we won't know when they are coming. There is always someone here though.

Spectre

Post by Spectre »

It takes about 20 minutes and they will cut the power for a minute or so, it's pretty painless.

It will take about 20 days till you can view your consumption, one day behind. When it's connected to your supplier, like EDF , you can see your actual consumption in €'s.