Six Nations 2020

treiziste

Re: Six Nations 2020

Post by treiziste »

I enjoy both probably for the differences that exist between the two tho the big difference for me is this.
RU when played at the highest level can be superb but very tedious at the lower levels as the complex rules are anti flowing rugby.
RL isn’t affected so much by the restrictive rules and allow the game to flow more, even at junior level.

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

I’m not sure that I can agree with that. The only live rugby I’ve watched recently was the junior club I played at when I was a teenager. I managed to watch a match when I was down in Cornwall last month. Despite pretty miserable conditions it was good to watch with both teams contributing to an open flowing game. It’s just a matter of having players with the right basic skills in the key positions.

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

I find RL boring. No proper scrums and line outs,no , rucks, no mauls. How can you sensibly have a game of rugby when the person tackled can keep the ball. It just lacks the finesse of union

treiziste

Post by treiziste »

Some RL is very boring with a lack of creativity, it can be very regimented tho' a classier player will stand out like a sore thumb.

Some RU rules can spoil a good game at the lower levels where the skill factor is minimal but the advent of the ad nauseum kicking game, as seen for long periods of the Scotland v France game is mega tedious and shows a lack of invention. Something has to be done to stop this IMO.

I repeat, I enjoy both codes because they are so different so, Vive Les Differences !!

just a Frenchie

Post by just a Frenchie »

You learn from your mistakes but it's much quicker and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of other people ! :D

ICHABOD

Post by ICHABOD »

Completely lost! Did the six nations end or what. Memory gone or did CV19 stop it?

jsks

Post by jsks »

CV 19 did the Grand Slam.

There's talk of finishing it in the autumn but that seems pointless really.