Escape from the château

Questions about where to look for property.
The buying process etc.
Lemorvan

Re: Escape from the château

Post by Lemorvan »

Spardo wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:38 pm
I am amazed that there is so much that I would consider crap on tv these days which has been proved by me having the time to watch Netflix, and even the awful, from an operational point of view, Britbox.
Spardo when you watch via Britbox are you using a VPN? I'm going to France early July and was thinking of using my subscription in France but wasn't sure if it would work.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Lemorvan wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:10 pm
Spardo wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:38 pm
I am amazed that there is so much that I would consider crap on tv these days which has been proved by me having the time to watch Netflix, and even the awful, from an operational point of view, Britbox.
Spardo when you watch via Britbox are you using a VPN? I'm going to France early July and was thinking of using my subscription in France but wasn't sure if it would work.
'Fraid you're talking to the wrong person here, no idea what a VPN is but I can tell you that, via my normal Orange Livebox I applied and was accepted as a customer by Britbox.

I was surprised though because their rules strictly state that, apart from the US and Canadian version, Britbox can only be seen in the UK and in the EU for limited periods. I suppose that, like the early days of Sky, as long as you don't tell them where you are they are happy to take your money. ;) :)

Lemorvan

Post by Lemorvan »

Cheers thanks. It makes sense.

landmannnn

Post by landmannnn »

ajm wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:30 am
Dick and Angel have probably made more from the TV programmes than guests.
Probably but at £35k per wedding (I think they did 19 last year) and £350 per night to camp they will have a decent income from the chateau.