Enedis and EDF

Water, electricity, gas etc.
Spardo

Re: Enedis and EDF

Post by Spardo »

elsie wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:22 pm
As in the UK, there are several electricity suppliers in France so, rather than each company doing their own meter readings, Enedis are now responsible.

It is possible your meter reading was too late for Enedis to pass it on the EDF and for EDF to bill based on it?
Well, it is possible I suppose Elsie, but I gave the figure either to them or direct to EDF within 24 hours.

Just checked, I received the email on the 5th and reported it on the 6th. The bill arrived this morning, the 15th. I normally report the figure within an hour of the email, but this time was delayed by the confusing link to the Enedis site instead of EDF's. If they had some connection, knowledge, of the meter (in which case why ask me) I could understand it because the figure I reported on the 6th was the one I read on the 5th, so not totally accurate.

I think next time I'll go straight to the EDF site and if the same thing happens again ignore it in future, their estimations are not so far out to worry about and, as LD says, they always adjust up or down after a physical check.

elsie

Post by elsie »

I'm not defending anyone, but you need to look at what needs to happen between you giving a reading and receiving the bill in the post.

You gave the reading in a Saturday 6th. I doubt Enedis ran their system to decide which reading for which company they had and then which set of data they needed to pass over to EDF until Monday 8th night; they would probably collate a weekend+daily batch and then pass them over.

EDF have to do the bill calculations, print the bills, and put them in envelopes. The will probably do that as a batch process and possibly only run that system once or twice a week. I would guess verifying they had correct data and getting your information into process would mean it is unlikely it would have been ready for that printing cycle.

EDF need to give the bills to La Poste. I doubt they pay for priority, so those bills were possibly not in the post until Thur 11th. The letters then crawled through the system to arrive in your box on Mon 15th.

Had it been entirely an EDF-controlled system it is possible your reading might have been included.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

But I think I ended up giving it directly to EDF after having difficulties with them not knowing me at Enedis and I know that in the past a report by me has very rapidly found its way to the bill.

Anyway, whatever happened and whatever I did my main worry was that it had been a scam.

manonthemoon

Post by manonthemoon »

We would prefer to pay our bills monthly on actual consumption.

I think there is an online way to enable this?

elsie

Post by elsie »

Yes, you can submit your meter reading on the Enedis web site https://www.enedis.fr/faire-le-releve-en-ligne

You will need to work out the usual actual/estimated reading cycle and make sure you get your reading to coincide with, or a little prior to, that.

CHIPPY

Post by CHIPPY »

We missed our visit for a reading last October with EDF, he came too early for us. He asked us to send a text pic of the meter but it wouldnt send, so I tracked down the Enedis site and put in our reading on there. The bill came with my reading. I sent in our reading to them before the 6th April to cover us this time but received an estimated bill from EDF which was only a little over the real reading so no problem.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

CHIPPY wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:40 pm
We missed our visit for a reading last October with EDF, he came too early for us. He asked us to send a text pic of the meter but it wouldnt send, so I tracked down the Enedis site and put in our reading on there. The bill came with my reading. I sent in our reading to them before the 6th April to cover us this time but received an estimated bill from EDF which was only a little over the real reading so no problem.
Welcome to the forum Chippy, were you registered with Enedis before this? My trouble when I got to their site was that I apparently didn't have an account and needed to create one, which is what confused me as I had been reporting to EDF for years. So I did, report to EDF instead. :)

CHIPPY

Post by CHIPPY »

I went here Spardo
https://www.enedis.fr/faire-le-releve-en-ligne
and put in
Je renseigne le point de livraison électricité (PDL ou PRM) number
and then the reading as far as I remember.

CHIPPY

Post by CHIPPY »

Thank you for the welcome:]

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

CHIPPY wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:20 pm
I went here Spardo
https://www.enedis.fr/faire-le-releve-en-ligne
and put in
Je renseigne le point de livraison électricité (PDL ou PRM) number
and then the reading as far as I remember.
Yes, that's just it, what confused me, as it was asking my PDL number when normally it knows who I am (I was thinking EDF of course). That, and the fact that they made a mistake in my address spelling, made me suspicious.