British tourists welcome in France, end of June?

A place to discuss and ask questions about moving to France.
Or moving from one region of France to another
landmannnn

Re: British tourists welcome in France, end of June?

Post by landmannnn »

As a second homer, sounds good news to me that I can now travel to France. Although I still can't visit my parents in the UK..

I have just booked the Eurotunnel for the end of July. Are the vets back open in France?

exile

Post by exile »

Vets are open

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

RobertArthur wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:46 am
The British owner of a maison secondaire here in France might have a different opinion about this matter......
We have friends in that position. They would love to come to France for a break. They are usually very busy at work and only manage a couple of days or maybe a week in one go but now that their work has disappeared they would happily come to isolate in a safer environment. Especially since last year when I had to tell them I'm no longer physically able to look after their small garden in their absence. :(
Powered by "old school" internal combustion,
common sense, Stratocaster toned bad attitude, and analogue tinted Raybans.

Mrs Archy

Post by Mrs Archy »

landmannnn wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:59 am
As a second homer, sounds good news to me that I can now travel to France. Although I still can't visit my parents in the UK..

I have just booked the Eurotunnel for the end of July. Are the vets back open in France?
We could and did visit our vet by making an appointment during lockdown. We have to make an appointment anyway but he has always seen us within an hour or so.
‘The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows’

tim17

Post by tim17 »

One of our clients has had a third ferry crossing cancelled by BF so has given up trying to get here until the beginning of July when they re-start their sailing schedule.

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

exile wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:49 pm
The obvious reason is that everyone will be coming back from countries with far lower R0 rates and therefore pose little risk.
Brazil, Russia, USA ? If they ease 14 day quarantine it will have to be country specific

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur »

Freedom of movement in the Schengen area, and the special case of the Scandinavian countries, is one thing. Once you are in, you are as free as a bird. Opening the external borders is very complicated, you cannot build a fortress Europe, a huge Atlantic Wall around it and barbed wire and MG posts around the airports and ferry ports. The UK somewhere in the middle between these two positions. So a real casse-tête for the European Commission and president Macron. All together or individual countries opening this new sanitary iron curtain with consequences for all the others? The only thing the European Commission can do in these matters is some form of coordination, it's up to the individual member states to decide.

exile

Post by exile »

rabbit wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:22 am
exile wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:49 pm
The obvious reason is that everyone will be coming back from countries with far lower R0 rates and therefore pose little risk.
Brazil, Russia, USA ? If they ease 14 day quarantine it will have to be country specific
But the question posed on page 1 where I gave that answer was around Brits having holidays in Europe. OK I guess Russia does count, but you are right there is going to need to be some differentiation between low and high risk countries.