A bad loser! - not Trump nor Brexit.

A place to discuss politics, news and current affairs. Remember the rules and stay polite.
Plog

Re: A bad loser! - not Trump nor Brexit.

Post by Plog »

Ally wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:49 pm
Sorry LD. It was my fault your thread got hijacked.
Fair call, Apologies from me as well..

And that said, I'm going to continue the hijacking :D
Couldn't the democrats have just chosen to promote a candidate who wasn't a known sleazebag?
I think the problem with the American system is the candidates need to be able to pull in so much cash and therefore be so well connected for so long that it is almost impossible for a party to find anybody who has both financial clout/pulling power and also has a background that is as pure as driven snow...

Mind you I'm working my way through the Ken Burn's "Vietnam" series yet again and that has reminded me that if Trump conspired with a foreign power to win it isn't the first time a candidate has done so..

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ion-215461

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Erm third post on the thread on the dog shoe thread from LD was about his frozen shoulder, I wouldn’t be too concerned plog :D

Politics is a business like any other, just more than ever before perhaps.
"We are waves of the same sea, leaves of the same tree, flowers of the same garden.”
Seneca

bluebird

Re: A bad loser!

Post by bluebird »

Ally wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:17 pm
Polls are showing Trump is heading for defeat in the US. Bad loser? Watch the toys come out the pram in the coming months.
Will he start WWIII or step down on health grounds in an attempt to save face? Or something in between?
Definitely a jumbo tub of popcorn on order :good:

Ally

Post by Ally »

Plog wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 pm
Ally wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:49 pm
Sorry LD. It was my fault your thread got hijacked.
Fair call, Apologies from me as well..

And that said, I'm going to continue the hijacking :D
Couldn't the democrats have just chosen to promote a candidate who wasn't a known sleazebag?
I think the problem with the American system is the candidates need to be able to pull in so much cash and therefore be so well connected for so long that it is almost impossible for a party to find anybody who has both financial clout/pulling power and also has a background that is as pure as driven snow...

Mind you I'm working my way through the Ken Burn's "Vietnam" series yet again and that has reminded me that if Trump conspired with a foreign power to win it isn't the first time a candidate has done so..

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ion-215461
I'm part way into that too.
All orders were now issued through Squealer or one of the other pigs. Napoleon himself was not seen in public as often as once in a fortnight.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

After the Storm wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:46 pm
Erm third post on the thread on the dog shoe thread from LD was about his frozen shoulder, I wouldn’t be too concerned plog :D

Politics is a business like any other, just more than ever before perhaps.
Thats not fair, it was being sympathetic about his dogs ordeal.

After the Storm

What’s not fair? You commented about your thread being hijacked when it just drifted and it was pointed out yesterday, threads drift, certainly not interested in splitting threads up. No one said you weren’t sympathetic to the dogs plight, I only said you mentioned frozen shoulders in a third post on something about dog shoes which turned into an exchange with nifty about ailments, no one said anything there, chill LD.
"We are waves of the same sea, leaves of the same tree, flowers of the same garden.”
Seneca

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

No chilling needed here, as you say I commented and not complained, I also said

thread drift is part & parcel of the forum and I'm sure most people reading the thread title will have thought of Trump & would have more to say about him than my soon te be ex (merci Dieu) Maire.

Which was a direct endorsement of and prompted by your sentiments expressed the day before.

What was not fair (to me) was to say that my post was about my shoulder when (to me) it was about showing sympathy and empathy for his dog. I didn't allege or infer that anyone said I was not sympathetic about the dogs plight.

Off to bed now, hopefully tomorrow morning will be my first contact with (human life as I once knew it) here in France in 7 months if anyone else dares be seen gathering in front of the running club, I was given the OK Tuesday to start again.

Take care :good:

Editted.

I only said you mentioned frozen shoulders in a third post on something about dog shoes which turned into an exchange with nifty about ailments

That would have been fine and exactly how I would have described it but it's not what you said.

I can see now though that its what you wanted to express so no harm done :good:

After the Storm

You are inferring things that weren’t inferred and saying things that weren’t said. No one said you weren’t sympathetic and you did talk about your frozen shoulder :?
Enjoy your run at a safe distance tomorrow.

Edit In reply to your edit, I didn’t say that at first because that is an explanation of what I first said :? but it’s not much different.
And as I said before, chill.
Seneca

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

Crikey, we thought we had problems with our new mayor. He was originally the deputy to the mayor that had to stand down from all public roles due to claims of fraud and rigging funding. We could never understand how, as deputy, he could say he knew nothing. The local council fell out with the new mayor and then produced three lists for the recent elections. For a little village there were a lot of notices, letters, complaints and counter complaints in our post box. Not that it mattered as we could no longer vote.

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:01 am

it was being sympathetic about his dogs ordeal.
Quite right LD, I'm sure non of the dogs took offence, unlike your greatest crime of course, the deprivation of the dogs' due apostrophe, :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: