UK brings in 14 day quarantine from the 8th of June.

New section for any information or discussion about it.
After the Storm

UK brings in 14 day quarantine from the 8th of June.

Post by After the Storm »

"Business groups have accused the government of pursuing an “isolationist” policy after the home secretary, Priti Patel, confirmed that arrivals in the UK will have to quarantine themselves for a fortnight or face a £1,000 fine.
From 8 June, almost everyone arriving at ports and airports, including UK citizens, will be required to travel directly to an address they provide to the authorities, where they must then self-isolate for a fortnight.
Anyone failing to comply could face a fine of £1,000."....
"The government has not ruled out negotiating “air bridges” – an idea championed by the transport secretary, Grant Shapps. The UK would seek to strike bilateral agreements with countries with low incidence of Covid-19 under which quarantine restrictions could be waived. But Patel made clear they were not imminent. "
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... oronavirus
"We are waves of the same sea, leaves of the same tree, flowers of the same garden.”
Seneca

Ally

Re: UK brings in 14 day quarantine from the 8th of June.

Post by Ally »

I've no idea why this image of hores popped into my mind.
image.jpg
Better late than never I suppose.
All orders were now issued through Squealer or one of the other pigs. Napoleon himself was not seen in public as often as once in a fortnight.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Thanks for that, let me know when you have any detail.

My first reaction was, is that any different than the confinement that every UK citizen is still supposed to be under although many think has ended?

I am still trying to get back ideally before the end of the month, if its after the 8th June then I will have to give them my home address but would have to be allowed out to buy food and you will probably find that I would have the right to take "exercise" more than 100km away :D

I suspect it will be no more than having to declare where you will be and I sincerely hope that all people entering will be tested.

In fact the measures are probably to protect the visitors from the population :lol:

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Ally wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:53 pm
I've no idea why this image of hores popped into my mind.Image
Better late than never I suppose.
I tried explaining, in French, the phrase to my wife; her French colloquial version was, "Pas la peine de serrer ses fesses après on a chié dans son froc".
Last edited by FrenchForumSurvivor on Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

curtis

Post by curtis »

Love that expression. Looking forward to using it.
PS you have added a "k" !
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

Ally

Post by Ally »

😂😂😂Oh aye. Looking forward to slipping that into conversation when I get back. In fact I'll Scotify it and use it here.
All orders were now issued through Squealer or one of the other pigs. Napoleon himself was not seen in public as often as once in a fortnight.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

curtis wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:59 pm
Love that expression. Looking forward to using it.
PS you have added a "k" !
Added a "k" and put "ces" instead of "ses", both corrected now.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Plog

Post by Plog »

Anyone putting money on the whole idea being binned by 8th June?

To have had any effect on the spread of CV-19 into the Uk it should probably should have happened end of Feb, start of March..at the latest- it didn't.

The horses have long gone (thanks for the pics) but somebody, somewhere has no doubt said.. "for the sakes of appearing to be a responsible government minister/Prime Minister at some point we need to have announced we plan to enforce quarantine"

Two weeks from now I suspect somebody will say that "well, b*****er me, the science no longer supports quarantine, so despite our previous announcement, and in order to allow our hard working population take their holidays..."..

The likes of the Daily Fail will rejoice in our bold proactive leadership...........

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Plog wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:40 pm
Anyone putting money on the whole idea being binned by 8th June?

To have had any effect on the spread of CV-19 into the Uk it should probably should have happened end of Feb, start of March..at the latest- it didn't.
The second part is spot on so I would not bet against the first, at best it will simply be "write here where you will be staying" and "let me shine this impressive looking but useless for this task infra-red thermometer at your forehead"

bjsliv

Post by bjsliv »

The plan is supposed to be that arrivals will pre-register the address at which they will be staying, by competing an online form before they set off for the UK.

Checks can be made on arrival, and enforcement checks may also be made during the 14 day quarantine period.

During the 14 day period arrivals should not leave their designated address for any reason .

"They should not go out to buy food or other essentials" but then comes the cop out "where they can rely on others."

So then the calculation is probability of being checked at border without completing form x% multiplied by fine for non-completion £100= £0.50p

Probability of being controlled at home y% multiplied by fine £1000......................£0.01p

All that assumes that they ever get the online registration form to work.