e-bikes

A section for discussion and displays of your favourite ways to relax.
Flaneur

Re: e-bikes

Post by Flaneur »

Spardo wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:31 am
I can hardly believe that I was re-diagnosed with asthma only 2 or 3 months ago and had to get upright and turn for home in the middle of the night, aborting a rescue journey on, I genuinely thought, pain of death. ...
I remember that incident :shock: :shock:

Interesting, then, the power increases by more than doubling from 4 to 5! No wonder you weren't expecting it :o
Same old nonsense.

Spardo

Re: e-bikes

Post by Spardo »

Flaneur wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:51 pm
Spardo wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:31 am
I can hardly believe that I was re-diagnosed with asthma only 2 or 3 months ago and had to get upright and turn for home in the middle of the night, aborting a rescue journey on, I genuinely thought, pain of death. ...
I remember that incident :shock: :shock:

Interesting, then, the power increases by more than doubling from 4 to 5! No wonder you weren't expecting it :o
Yes, and it is so powerful that I could get up this gravelly 10% slope if only I could find a way to get the driving front wheel to grip. Front paniers are available as an option but I don't want to get them to send me one if it doesn't work.
It is made worse by the fact that, because of the handlebars being set too far back, it is almost impossible to transfer my weight over the front wheel and 'stand on' the pedals. Even worse again, putting as much leg power to the pedals as possible while still sitting, only tends to force the arms to pull on the handlebars thus lifting the weight even more.